03

Riddhima walked into a very weird scene as she opened the door of Addy's room. Addy, dressed up in a tight fitted T-shirt which had a spider man printed on it well the T-shirt probably wasn't meant to be this tight but because Addy had a hulky physique (for some reason) it automatically became a skin-fit garment, was firmly resisting the lady's ardent attempts to feed him.
"Addy Baba please...... don't make this more difficult for me." said the lady, almost losing her cool. He pouted like a child and turned his face away. Riddhima chuckled as she moved towards the bed.
"What's happening here??" she asked gleefully. Addy recoiled at her voice. Well, her voice didn't scare her, it was just that that she was still a stranger to him. And because kids are rarely comfortable around strangers, Addy (with the mind of a 5 year old) was also ill at ease with her presence. Riddhima sighed deeply. Perhaps it will take a little more time for him to get comfortable around her.
"See Thakurani Addy Baba is not ready to eat. He has to take his medicines also...." the lady told her anxiously. Riddhima felt awkward when she called her that, but because she wasn't in no mood to grill her for that unexpected appellation, she simply chose to unhear her and look down upon the contents of the plate that lay untidily over the bed before Addy. At once she knew why was the big baby so unready to have his meal. I mean, WHO THE HELL EATS BOILED PEAS AND STEAMED GRATED CARROTS!!! Riddhima was furious. Is this how you present a meal to a child?? Considering his mental age of 5, why was he being given a breakfast so non-delectable and purely unappetising?? Even an adult would simply throw up at the sight of these bizzarely assorted vegetables. She casted a glare at the innocent lady.
"What the hell is this?? What kind of a breakfast is this!!!! Do you want him to vomit all over this mansion??" Riddhima nearly yelled at her. The lady looked up at her innocently.
"But this is what the doctor has recommended for him. Chote Thakur had strictly ordered the cooks not to give him anything but boiled or steamed vegetables all day, otherwise Addy Baba will get more sick." she told her softly. Riddhima really eyed her as if she'd grown horns. Which doctor would ask his patient to eat nothing but boiled vegetables, or else starve. She was pretty sure that apart from mental illness, Addy was physically fit and there seemed no sign of digestive problems. But let's just confirm.
"Does he have any digestive issue???" asked she raising her brow.
"No. He's completely fine except for the mental...."
"That'll do. Just take this and leave. Also, from now I am responsible for his meals ok." she said sternly. The lady gulped but nodded nervously. She left soon after that. Once she was gone, Riddhima turned to Addy who was sitting sadly on his bed. She felt pity on him.
"Addy are you hungry??" she asked gently. He looked up innocently. His handsome face shone palely under the sunlight from the window. Before he could respond, his stomach growled loudly. Riddhima bit down her laughter, although she saw his cheeks turning red in embarrassment.
"Don't worry, I'll get you something to eat." she said with a smile. Addy smiled brightly like a kid.

Riddhima climed downstairs and went straight into the kitchen. The grand kitchen was simple breathtaking but she was in a hurry to make something for her 'husband' and hence decided to look at it closely sometime later. Because it was impossible to cook anything special so quickly, therefore she chose to cook poha, squeeze out some fresh juice and throw some nuts in a bowl for some protein for Addy. She combed down the huge kitchen cabinets for poha (flattened rice) and luckily found a huge stock in one of the lower cabinets. God forbid!!! The kitchen was so big that she couldn't explore every single cabinet in one day. Quickly she drew out a skillet from one of the cabinets, placed it over the giant stove and turned the stove on. Then she waited for it to heat while she chopped some onions, tomatoes and cilantro. And yes she actually had washed the poha and had left it to soak for a few minutes already. Now, from the door she could hear the sound of shoe heels being dragged noisily over the marbled floor. It was as if a drunkard staggers unsteadily outside a cheap bar. Knife in her hand, she wheeled around and came face to face with that lusty individual from yesterday. And had she not spun, his hands would've found their way over her waist as she could see his arms were outstretched and resting just an inch away from her waist. Her eyes narrowed down into tiny slits as he checked her out lustfully.
"Yes. Do you want something??" she asked, shifting away from him uncomfortably. He leered as he stalked around the island and stopped right across her so she could look directly into his disgusting eyes. She was fighting down her urge to punch him hard on his face.
"Are you willing to give me something??" he asked shamelessly. Riddhima glared at him while at the same time cooking the poha.
"I am willing to give you a slap. Want it??" she said with little respect. He cackled hideously.
"I accept slaps from sexy chicks..." he told her, licking his lips. Riddhima didn't respond as she knew men like him shouldn't be given too much attention. She started squeezing out some fresh juice.
"Is this all for me??" he asked, unhappy that she had withdrawn their conversation.
"No it's for Addy." she replied plainly. He gasped loudly. Storming towards her, he pulled the plug of the juicer. His eyes spitting fire.
"Didn't you already hear??? Addy gets nothing but boiled vegetables. That's what the doctor says." he hissed at her angrily. Riddhima slapped his hand away from the juicer chord.
"Fine. I'll call the police and then the doctor, then we'll find out who said what. Does that sound fair enough??" she asked blankly. The mention of police somehow took the colour from his face. He looked pale and scared. Unlike Addy he was pretty fair in complexion, but not built as sturdily as Addy.
"I'll see you later." he warned her hatefully before storming outside the kitchen. Riddhima patted herself on her back.
"Well done Riddhima." and she busied herself in preparing the breakfast.