13

"So can anyone tell me what are dinoflagellates???" asked Riddhima as she wrote Dinoflagellates on the white board. The students gingerly looked at each other. They knew the answer but then you've this rudimentary hesitation that your answer might be wrong which ultimately makes you sceptical of responding actively in the classroom. We all have gone through this, nothing new though. Riddhima chuckled.
"Ok I'll tell you, Dinoflagellates  are a monophyletic group of single-celled eukaryotes constituting the phylum Dinoflagellata.  and are usually considered alage." she told them warmly. The students nodded and wrote it down in their notebook.
"Mam you are very pretty..." one of the girls who sat on the second bench complimented Riddhima. Riddhima blushed. It's good to hear compliments from people. Grow up Riddhima!!! Your husband calls you beautiful every single day.....what more do you want?? She immediately frowned as his thought crossed her mind. Only she knew how much effort she had to put in the morning to escape him. She reached the university an hour earlier just to not cross paths with him.
"Thank you." Riddhima politely responded. Fortunately there were quite a lot of students in her class. Honestly, she initially thought that there would be just handful of students but she was eventually proven wrong just like always. Today was her first day at college and she was wearing a grand saree. Riddhima wasn't a huge fan of sarees, she loved regular Kurtis and sometimes western wear. Though she rarely wore any western garment since she always found them uncomfortable on her skin. In her home though she wears shorts, pullovers, leggings, jumpers, pyjamas on a regular basis.
"Mam you're Mr. Vikramaditya Raghuvanshi's wife right??" asked the boy at the back innocently. Riddhima's body froze for a second. How the fuck he knows?? And to hell if he knows or not, but she's not his wife!!! Her eyes literally bugged out at the question from the boy. The whole class was watching her attentively. It would a complete lie to say that Vikramaditya Raghuvanshi wasn't a famous man. Every single human, child or an adult, knew him very well. Although not active in politics, he still supported few politicians here and there are many instances when Chief ministers from different provinces visited his mansion. Let's not forget that he was once considered the most eligible bachelor but now that he has on his own broken the news of his marriage, it's pretty safe to say that he no longer holds that title. Even the girls inside the classroom were, in some way, devoted to him. But he choosed her.....HER.....WHY?? And here comes the envy!!! Just kidding, none of the girls appear to be jealous because let's be real, we all dream of Prince Charming but..... Charming Princes are not for everybody.
"Mam is it so??" asked the girl in the front. With her broad rimmed glasses, she was unexceptionally a nerd. We all have a couple or more in every class. Riddhima gulped. What should she answer??? Should she concede??? Ofcourse no, she's not his wife. But can she pacify him after she rejects the bond she shares with him?? Heck no!!!!
"Um..... let's learn more about Dinoflagellata." she dodged the questions and turned towards the board. The students were shocked. Why was she not responding?? Did they have a fight?? Or Were they Divorced?? The latter was simply comical since divorces don't happen in Raghuvanshis family. Maybe she was a private person and didn't feel comfortable sharing details of her personal life with the world. But who the fuck restraints themselves from speaking out about their marriage when you're fucking married to a handsome billionaire. And not any cheap, philandering billionaire but a religious, educated and unconditionally loyal billionaire. Women!!!! Need I say anything more.

During the lunch break, Riddhima walked into the faculty chambers. There were other teachers as well and honestly they all were pretty good natured and welcoming. So far Riddhima was liking this job and her colleagues, even the students.
"Oh!!! Here comes our beautiful Riddhima Mam." said Professor Gaurav with a cheeky smile. Professor Gaurav taught Chemistry and was generally a flirt even though he was married. Riddhima despised these kinds of men. Isn't one woman enough for this guy??? When woman starts doing the same thing then everybody will start having problem. Just not to appear rude, she passed him a soft smile before taking a seat far from him. Mrs. Radhika, the Botany Professor, watched Riddhima's uncomfortable figure. It's not easy to share a table with a man who's a flirt.
"Professor Gaurav perhaps you don't know her husband is Vikramaditya Raghuvanshi." Mrs. Radhika spoke rudely. She had always hated Gaurav. And as a woman it's your duty to stand up for a fellow woman. Gaurav choked on his food.
"You mean The Vikramaditya Raghuvanshi.....Wow!!! It that the case than why are teaching in this university. Had I been in your place I would've gave up everything and enjoyed a lavish life in his mansion!!!" Monica, the Home Science professor, chuckled. Riddhima really was at a loss of words.
"That's why you're not in her place. Just because you've a rich husband doesn't mean you should stay unemployed. A woman needs to be independent no matter what." Mrs. Radhika once again came to her rescue. Monica frowned.
"Leave it, Riddhima how did you both met??" asked Divya excitedly, Divya was the chemistry laboratory incharge.
"The marriage was arranged. Now nobody asks her anything, we don't have full day in our hands.... let's eat our lunch quickly." Mrs. Radhika said firmly. Although Mrs. Radhika didn't knew anything about Riddhima and Vikramaditya's relationship yet, after seeing Riddhima's anxiety, understood that it wasn't a normal relationship. Somebody was the villain. And definitely it wasn't Riddhima. Riddhima knew who she would take as her friend,Mrs. Radhika. Period.