Hook wasn't going to fall for the tears of a hurt girl. He learned to turn off any type of sympathetic emotions in order to get stuff done. There was no time for feeling sorry for people. "I saw cops here earlier. They questioned you. What did you tell them?"

"Answer my question." She scowled. "What happened to Sing?"

"We have him. His injuries weren't as bad as yours."

"What are you going to do with him?"

Hook leaned in closer, gripping the sheets angrily. "Listen, I'm not here to get questioned by you. Got that? It's the other way around. Now tell me. What did you tell the police?"

Lux looked down at her casted arm, recalling everything that happened. The drive with Sing, three cars chasing them, the shootout, and getting ran off the side of the road. There was no way she'd forget something so traumatic, even with a concussion. "Nothing." She replied truthfully. "After I was questioned and told that I was found laying unconscious outside, I knew it had to do with that hit on Sing." Lux pressed herself up with her good arm, wincing from the pain of the fractured ribs and leaned in to look Hook in his eyes with a grimace that matched his. "I was never supposed to be there. And let me guess. Shorter isn't going to be too happy with you guys when he finds out that you were wrong for going after Sing again."

This was the worst case scenario. They had been wrong twice. Hook's lip raised in a snarl as a response. "I heard you were smart. So I'm hoping that you aren't stupid enough to be lying to me."

"I told you the truth. Voight gave me that card weeks ago because I was roughed up by someone. I just didn't want to report it because I was fine and my friend took care of the problem for me. The card must have fallen out of my purse when I was with Sing. Simple as that."

Hook leaned back in the chair, staring over at the business card. How could a tiny little thing like that cause so much fucking trouble? "We haven't touched Sing since we nabbed him from the wreck. Him living or dying all came down to you." He admitted. "The stories line up."

"What happens now?"

"I tell the Boss and Sing gets let go."

"You're going to pay for what you did to us. Shorter will make sure of it."

Hook shook his head as he chuckled, "Really? Shit." He looked away and interlaced his fingers behind his head, "You don't know what kind of a guy your boyfriend is, huh?" Lux stayed quiet and confused to much of Hook's amusement. "Who the fuck do you think ordered the hit? Shit like this doesn't go into play without the Bosses blessing. He's the one who feels guilty about this. Not me."

Hook couldn't have been lying and that's what pained Lux. Of course Shorter made the call. The evidence was there even if it was all misinterpreted. It was the mafia after all. At the end of the day, a rat is a rat even if you had protected them and acted as a brother to them for years. Loyalty runs deeper than any familial ties and even brotherly bonds. There was a code to live a die by and the boys all knew it.

Lux noticed that Hook's cocky demeanor seemed to be a type of over compensating defense mechanism. He acted like he was cold and unbothered but when she confirmed Sing's story, Lux noticed the guilty expression that flashed across Hook's face even if it was just for a second. "I can't stand guys like you."

"That so?"

"Yeah. You act like you have no emotions. And that usually happens after someone goes through something traumatic because they try to bury whatever hurt that's in their life." Hook's body stiffened up in his seat as Lux read him like an elementary book. "If you claim to not care... then why did you dump me at the hospital instead of letting me die?"