Treaty Final

Azula's gaze shifted to a patch of wilting flowers as she and Hiroshi continued their conversation. She expressed her acknowledgment of his attempts to befriend her but made it clear that she couldn't reciprocate his feelings. Hiroshi, curious, asked for the reason, to which Azula bluntly revealed, "Your grandfather has tried to kill me. Did he tell you that?"

Shock and bitterness flashed across Hiroshi's face as he reluctantly confirmed the truth. Azula continued, explaining that the attempt on her life marked a point of no return, a moment where one of them had to die. She commended Jai Yu for his cunning and insight, emphasizing that his survival was contingent on her need to present a united Fire Nation to the world, showcasing formidable power even without her father.

Hiroshi, undeterred, questioned what would happen if he managed to convince her otherwise. Azula responded with a condescending laugh, inviting him to try. However, she warned him that both she and Jai Yu were merely biding their time, each waiting for the right moment to strike and seize control.

Azula turned to Hiroshi, a rare moment of vulnerability crossing her stern features. "I know that I am difficult to talk to. Mai and Ty Lee have confirmed as much. I am not the best at social cues and acting my age, so to speak." She admitted, her tone revealing a hint of self-awareness. "That's why, I guess, I find it easy to talk to you. You remind me of Ty Lee in some aspects."

Leaning in, Azula continued, her eyes piercing. "So, I'll say this once and only once. I will never change who I am. I am Fire Lord Azula, the strongest firebender in the world. One day, I will kill Jai Yu, and if you get in my way, I'll kill you too." The weight of her words hung in the air, a stark reminder of the ruthless determination that defined her.

Azula, having left Hiroshi in the garden for some self-reflection, gracefully returned to the stage. The courtyard fell silent as she took the center, her commanding presence demanding attention. With a regal poise, she delivered a short yet impactful speech about peace and the promise of a hopeful tomorrow, bringing the ceremony to a close.

The delegates and nobles listened, their reactions ranging from stoic acceptance to concealed frustration. Mai and Ty Lee, standing nearby, exchanged knowing glances, understanding the intricate dance of politics and power that unfolded in the aftermath of the peace treaty signing. The evening, though seemingly celebratory, left an undercurrent of tension that lingered among the nations' representatives.

Azula, seeking a respite from the evening's tension, opens her bedroom doors to find Ty Lee and Mai inside, dressed more comfortably and armed with drinks and snacks. A small but genuine smile plays on Azula's lips as she gestures for them to sit down.

As they settle in, Ty Lee enthusiastically recounts the attention Mai garnered from admirers, playfully teasing her about being a "boy magnet." Mai, in her usual deadpan manner, retorts that at least she wasn't surrounded by old geezers like Ty Lee. Azula can't help but grin, appreciating the lighthearted banter.

Amidst the soft glow of the chamber, the trio continues their conversation, navigating the delicate balance between politics and personal agency.

Azula, her regal posture momentarily relaxed, leans back and confesses, "I find it tiring being used as a political piece, but at least it's on my terms." Her eyes flicker with a mix of determination and frustration.

Ty Lee, ever the optimist, chimes in, "Well, at least you chose this, it could have been worse. But in the futute wouldn't it be better if you could marry for love?"

Mai, leaning against a wall with her characteristic nonchalance, adds, "Just be sure the terms don't shift out of your control. Political marriages are a double-edged dagger."

Azula nods in agreement, acknowledging the complexities of her situation. "Jai Yu may think he's orchestrating the game, but I'm not a pawn. I'm the player and i play by my rules."

Ty Lee, more assertive now, says, "But Azula, love should be part of the game too. You deserve to marry someone you choose, not someone chosen for political convenience."

Mai deadpans, "She's right. In future when this is all over with, don't forget you deserve to be happy too. Besides it's easier when you don't have to worry about being stabbed in the back.

Azula, ever the strategist, muses, "Loyalties, alliances, love — they're all part of the game. My happiness doesn't play a factor, if by the end I'm on top then happiness comes naturally.

As Ty Lee downs her drink with force, spilling a bit in her enthusiasm, she abruptly breaks the jovial atmosphere with a rather direct question. "So, Azula, how do you really feel about Hiroshi?" Her words carry a tinge of drunken curiosity.

Mai, caught off guard, nearly chokes on her own drink, shooting a sharp glance at Ty Lee. Azula, momentarily stunned, tilts her head in confusion, trying to process the unexpected inquiry.

After a beat of awkward silence, realization dawns on Azula, and she bursts into laughter. "Oh, you mean romantically? Ty Lee, you should lay off the drinks. You of all people should know better." Azula smirks, her composure swiftly returning. "Let me be clear; he's merely a piece on the board. Any sentimentality is a weakness, and when he's no longer useful, he's expendable."

Ty Lee, still inebriated but undeterred, leans forward, "But what if he genuinely cares for you? What if it's not just a game for him?"

Azula's eyes narrow, her laughter fading. "Ty Lee, everyone has a role to play. Sentiment has no place in this game. Genuine care or not, it won't change the rules. When he outlives his purpose, sentiment won't save him."

Mai, ever pragmatic, interjects, "Complications arise when emotions blur the lines. In the end, he's a means to an end."

Mai, sensing the tension, decides to break the heavy atmosphere with a rare attempt at humor. "So, Ty Lee, if you're done playing matchmaker, what's your take on political marriages? You know, considering you're practically a relationship expert."

Ty Lee, still with a slight buzz, giggles at the unexpected question. "Oh, you know, relationships are like circus acts. Full of twists, turns, and sometimes you end up in a net. But politics? That's like trying to juggle flaming knives while riding a unicycle. Not my kind of fun!"

Azula smirks at the banter. "Love and politics — both are full of surprises. Though, I'll admit, I prefer the predictability of strategy."

Mai, not to be outdone, deadpans, "Well, Ty Lee, if Azula ever decides to marry for love, I'm sure you'll be the first to know."

Ty Lee playfully nudges Mai, "Oh, absolutely! I've already planned out the perfect romantic getaway for them." She says while giving Mai annoyed glance.

Azula rolls her eyes, her lips twitching with a hint of amusement. "No need for weddings; we're here to secure power, not play house."

Azula then takes another drink.

Mai, staring into her drink, muses, "It feels weird that the war is actually over. Even though I participated towards the tail end of it."

Ty Lee, trying to lighten the mood, jokes, "Well, Mai, now you can find a new hobby. Maybe take up knitting or flower arranging?"

Azula, her gaze fixed on the flickering flames in the hearth, adds, "I guess I never noticed. After all, I was raised with war in mind."

Ty Lee, noticing this rare moment of vulnerability, decides to genuinely apologize. "I'm sorry we left you with him."

Azula dismisses it with a wave of her hand. "You two had no power over that."

Mai interjects, "That doesn't mean we couldn't have tried."

Ty Lee moves and gently leans on Azula. Azula flinches, unaccustomed to such close physical touch, but lets her in.

Mai downs her drink and suddenly shouts, "Fuck Ozai!" Both Ty Lee and Azula are shocked by her sudden outburst, but then they all start laughing before raising their glasses and shouting in unison, "Fuck Ozai!" The shared moment of rebellion against their common tormentor bonds them in a rare display of camaraderie.