Ch 1: An angsty toddler

ابدأ من البداية

"You do realise you're also a snot nosed brat." The older man points out.

Not really, but he doesn't know that.

With a huff she kicked her feet onto the table. "Well, takes one to hate one as the saying goes."

"That's absolutely not how the saying goes." He deadpans. "Maybe we should start on language first."

"As if you're being paid for anything not related to murder." She snarks.

"I'm not but for you Lady Shirin I'll make an exception."

"..."

"..."

"Never say something like that again."

"Wasn't planning to."

...

"And then the princess' head was splattered against the ground. The Shinobi despaired at a failed mission and they all lived unhappily ever after." She finishes off while staring down to the child in the bassinet.

"Lady Shirin..." Madame Eizan starts.

"Yeah yeah, these stories aren't 'appropriate' for children. I know." Shirin grimaces at the older woman.

Which to be fair at least there's a line on what's appropriate for children to hear. Even if it's blurred beyond belief.

"Then why," she stresses the 'why', "are you still doing it?"

With a shrug Shirin watches as the baby babbles random things without a care in the world. "Just felt like doing something that'd annoy you."

And she was bored. Oh so bored.

"Well you certainly succeeded in your task." The nanny drawls. "No mochi ice-cream for a week."

That witch.

An angry glower flushes her face at that. "He can't even understand me yet." She reasons while gesturing to the baby.

"Lord Itachi may not be able to but I certainly can." Eizan smirks in triumph before her face abruptly falls upon realising she was fighting with a child.

"You're a mean old bat nanny." Shirin states as Itachi grabs her finger.

"A mean old bat I may be but you're still not getting any ice-cream."

Shirin was livid at the maltreatment.

A great sigh leaves her lips. "Then what's even the point to life if I can't have what I want?"

Eizan snorts. "Now that's a question I'm not paid enough to answer."

...

"Hey kid." Her sensei greets her with a box of bento. "You eating alright?"

Does a box of ice-cream mochi that she stole count?

"Yes, why do you ask?"

"You're getting a little thin, thought you could use some food."

Shirin was in disbelief. "You think the Uchiha heiress isn't being fed well?"

The man held his hands up in surrender. "I never said that My Lady, I simply think you should eat more."

Well, she is hungry...

"I'm eating this because it looks tasty." She informs him while taking the box.

He chuckled. "Of course kid."

The food was burnt. She still ate everything.

...