06

"A heart can only take so much."

He woke up with a smile, finding Aera cuddled close to his chest, holding him tightly. He got out of bed quietly and went to wash up before breakfast. Getting out of the bathroom, he noticed Aera sitting up, rubbing her eyes cutely and yawning. 

 "Why'd you get up?" Aera asked sleepily. A chuckle escaped from his lips seeing her messy hair and her rubbing her eyes cutely.

"Morning, sleepyhead. I was going to freshen up. You know, gotta look presentable for breakfast," he replied with a smile.

"Ah. But, I wanted to sleep more," she said pouting, her voice having a tinge of sleepiness.

"Then sleep?" He said.

"I need cuddles while sleeping." She said pouting again.

"Ah, well Jisung's still sleeping, go cuddle him?" He suggested.

"But, I might wake Sungie up and he might get upset," Aera said sulkily.

Felix sighed and said "Don't worry, he won't. He's a heavy sleeper and he can never get mad at you." 

"But-"

"Go to him," Felix said, feeling a bit annoyed that Aera thought Jisung could ever get annoyed at HER.

"Alright," she replied before quietly making her way to where Jisung was sleeping, slipping into his arms for warmth and comfort.

"Mmm. So warm," she mumbled before quickly drifting off to sleep in his comforting embrace.

Author's POV

Chuckling quietly to himself, he left the room and headed to the dining area for breakfast.

"Morning, Lix. How was your sleep?" Hyunjin asked, giving him a gentle hug.

"It was good. I have to tell you guys something," Felix responded in a serious tone.

"What happened, Yongbok?" Minho inquired, halting his actions, sensing the urgency in Felix's voice.

"Ri was sleeping beside me, right?" He asked.

(Ri= Aera)

"Yeah?" Seungmin replied, looking confused.

"She was crying in her sleep, calling Chan," Felix explained.

Everyone fell silent, a sense of sadness filling the room. Seungmin finally spoke up, sounding hurt, "Again?"

Felix nodded. "Jisung mentioned that the nightmares are more frequent now. It's become common for her to call him in tears."

Minho sighed. 

"On one hand, I miss him, on the other, I wanna punch him for making Ri suffer for so long,"  Minho expressed his conflicting emotions, torn between longing for his friend and feeling anger towards him for causing Ri so much pain.

"Yeah."

"Same."

"Me too."

"True."

"I agree."

The others agreed feeling the same.

"It's so brave of her to put on a smile and go on about her day when inside, she's struggling with herself and feels empty," Seungmin said, feeling horrible.