02

"When I embrace you in my arms again, all of my dreams will come true."

Present times

Trigger Warning: Mention of Suicide, Self-Harm, Violence, Vulgar Expressions, Harassment, and or Sexual Assault.

"I miss you, Chan-ah."

She couldn't hold back her tears while looking at the stars. She smiled sadly before her fingers delicately wiped away the tears from her cheeks. She was on the brink of another emotional breakdown, lost in thoughts of him when a phone call abruptly interrupted her. In an instant, she regained her composure before taking the call.

"H-Hey." She tried not to let her tears show in her voice, but the person on the other end of the line could still tell.

"Bae? Did you cry?" Said the person on the other end of the line.

"N-No." Aera lied.

"Don't lie to me Choi Aera. You know you can't." Said the person firmly. 

"I-I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." She finally couldn't hold back her tears and broke down during the call.

"Hey. I-It's okay. What happened?" Said the person softly.

"J-Jisung. I- I miss Chan. I saw him today." She said, her voice trembling as she struggled to speak clearly through her tears.

"W-What? Where?" He said concerned.

"In my dream. It happened again." She spoke, softly sniffing.

"Again? Isn't this the third time this week?" He asked, still sounding concerned.

"Yea. I don't know what to do." She replied.

"Ae. This is becoming concerning. You can't continue to endure this on your own. You need help." Said the person.

"I-I know." Aera replied.

"Then?"

"I don't need help. I need him." 

The person on the other side of the phone sighed internally.

"Ae. I know. But this is taking a severe toll on your mental health." He said calmly even though he felt angry.

"Sung. I want to be free; I want to feel free. I'm tired." She said as if she had no hope.

"Ae. Don't say that." He said panicking.

"But I am, Sung. I don't want to go on living because the person my heart once beat for has left me."

"He'll return. Please, don't mention that." He said trying his best to convince her.

"He won't. It's been 2 fucking years, Sung. I'm starting to lose hope." She replied.

"No. Don't say this. Stay hopeful." The person said still trying to convince her.

"I've been waiting for him for over two years. It's driving me crazy. It hurts." She said expressing how she's been feeling for the last two years.

"I-I know. Hey. Ae?"

"Yea?" 

"How abt we go to a club? It might help you forget the pain at least for now." The person suggested.

"Okay." 

"Okay then, get ready in what? 30 minutes? And I'll pick you up." 

"Mm. Bye Sungie."