Neuvillete: The prosecution and the defense are both in position. The trial shall now begin.

Furina laughed .

Furina: Come on, Neuvillete. There's no need to repeat all the unimportant legalese. Just fast forward to the part where the prosecution lays out the offenses. As the defendant, and the lead actress of this performance. i still haven't even been informed of my supposed guilt in all of this.

She then crossed her arms and looked at Noct.

Furina: of course. It is only natural for humans to struggle to understand the actions of a god. However, you will need more than that to convict me of a crime.

Noct: That is true, but my charge here is unrelated to your conduct as an Archon.

Noct looked her in the eye.

Noct: Instead. I would like to charge you as a fraud who's never been the Archon in the first place.

Everyone surprised by his accusations or offense towards Furina.

Furina: !!! 

Neuvillete: Charge accepted.

He looked at her .

Neuvillete: Do you plead guilty to the charge, Lady Furina? 

Furina:...

Neuvillete: Lady Furina? 

Furina: I plead not guilty. How can I be guilty? There is no way that I, Focalors, otherwise known as Furina de Fontaine, a member of the Seven, and Regina of all Waters, Kindreds, Peoples and Laws of Fontaine, could be anything other than your true Archon.

As the people agreed with that she said. Furina then turned to the people.

Furina: I have cause to believe that common sense will prevail in this case. Many of the members of the audience have known me as the Hydro archon ever since they were born- there would be no fooling their memory,

Noct simply stood there and let her speak. He looked over at the Oratrice as it moved towards Furina's Favor. 

Furina: See? Even the Oratrice has decided to show me it's favor. Are you sure you want to commit to a charge that will never be upheld? If you wish to drop the case, I can promise you, as the God of Justice, that you will not have to face trial for making a false accusation. We will treat everything that's happened as a dramatic spectacle and move on with our lives. What do you say to that? 

As those that helped get Furina where she is now talked. Noct simply stayed silent and waited.

Noct: Tell me Furina, do the people see you as the Archon or just a simple mascot? That is their long-held belief....

Furina: Well. I tried to give you the chance to surrender. If you must persist, then let me ask: If I'm not the Hydro Archon, then what manner of being do you think I am? And if I was not the Archon, then how did I manage to survive for over 500 years? 

Noct: First of all, you may be a member of another long-lived race, which would allow you to naturally possess an extended lifespan. And second of all, even if that wasn't the case, there could be other ways to extend your life...such as...a curse.

Furina: Hmph... Who gave you that Idea? Was it the Knave? You'd sink so low as to use a harbinger's words against me? 

Noct: It doesn't matter who gave us the information. 

Neuvillete: A curse... I once thought it possible that the aura of an Archon might naturally resemble a type of curse. But in light of this claim, perhaps what I sensed was not your divinity, but a curse after all?