dont blame me

NOT REALLY A SWIFTIE IM SORRY BUT I HEARD DONT BLAME ME AND GOT AN IDEA.

please don't be a silent reader! <3

i love you all 🫶

-
-
-

the rain pounded down on the dark shiny asphalt. the water soaked into the fabric of my shoes and clothes causing me to shiver.

i need to go back in the night before i tell you the rest.

chris, matt, and nick are my best friends. i love nick and matt but chris has always been a different story for me.

i love him so much and recently, more pages have been added to that book. it's a book i didn't want to close when i first opened it but now there is no possible way for me to close it.

chris invited me over for dinner with his family. it was matt, nick, chris, marylou, and me all at a table together. the boys had made pasta and it was surprisingly pretty good. no offense to the boys but i'd always been hesitant to try anything they made after matt's meatloaf from junior year of high school. i'm serious it was so bad!

i ate half my plate and sat staring at the curly yellow noodles for a minute before placing my fork down and deciding i was finished. i glanced up at chris who was a seat over from me.

he was smiling at me. his hair caught the light and shined a golden mocha color. his eyes looked like little wells of ice as they danced over my face. "you full?" he grinned.

i paused for a moment, flustered by his beautiful features. "o-oh yeah. it was really good though thank you."

something in the moment made a fuse that i didn't know i had- burn.

i stood up from the table calmly, taking my dish to the sink and slamming the front door behind me. the rain dripped off the porch roof, falling onto the steps. i sat down the chilled wood of the deck, my back to the vinyl siding of the sturniolo's home.

the attention i was getting from chris was too much for me. how long was i going to be able to contain my feelings for him when he looked at me like that?

the rain dripped on. i glanced up at the source of the noise. pat, pat, pat. it went on and on, speeding up, and slowing down. my heart was beating in my chest over its usual pace. i brushed my hair smooth against my head and glared out at the shiny street cul-de-sac. the houses across from theirs were lit with perfect christmas lights, sowed across the trims of roofs. the light reflected onto the street, painting alternate images of the houses; dark, muddy, versions of them.

i sighed, a cold air cloudy air rippling away from my lips. i pulled myself up and stepped into the middle of the road.

"what should i do?" small quiet words fell from my mouth. not a person was in sight to answer my words. the lord had no response either, at least not in words.

the rain was suddenly heavier, cascading down and pummeling onto my skin. the drops sunk into my moss green hoodie. the water made the fabric into a darker green.

the door cracked open, the hinges squealing. chris shut the door behind him, not even looking while he did it. his eyes were on me.

"y/n! what happened? did i say something?" he padded down the wooden steps and jogged over to me, rain water splashing up from his feet.

he squinted in the heavy rain, strands of hair clumping together from the water. he brushed the cold strands from his eyes by combing his hands through his hair. his concerned eyes read my face while he waited for an answer.

"don't blame me- please don't be mad." my eyes welled up, tears burning the whites of my eyes.

"y/n, what's wrong?" chris placed his hands on the sides of my face.

why had i been keeping my feelings in for so long? maybe chris feels the same way?

who am i kidding... he's not into me.

"i could never be mad at you." he took a step closer to me and leaned down to my face. "please? you can tell me."

those words definitely changed my mind.

"love made me crazy." i whispered, my eyes melted into his. i sunk into his hands that were still placed gently on my face.

the rain pounded down on the dark shiny asphalt. the water soaked into the fabric of my shoes and clothes causing me to shiver.

his only response was furrowing his brows. i placed my fingers gently around his wrists, and removed his touch from my face. i backed away from him, closing my self in my arms which i crossed over my chest.

"chris i'm sorry! i'm sorry that i can't do this anymore! i'm stupidly, madly in love with you! i just feel like you can't see it." i hung my head low, feeling ashamed that my feelings were out in the open now. everything was revealed and i felt vulnerable and embarrassed. why did i have to tell him?

the rain soaked through my hair, and fell down my neck.

"i'm sorry too." he mumbled, i could nearly hear him over the roar of the rain around us. "i'm sorry i never told you! gosh how could i be so dumb." he walked up to me his shoes slushing loudly on the soaked street. "y/n, i love you. just because we're best friends doesn't mean i never wanted to be more. your my best friend but i'm getting tired of only being able to treat you that way. i've loved you since i knew what love really was." his touch rested softly over my forearms. he had his hands gently placed over the fabric of my hoodie but it felt so much more that just a touch.

i looked into his eyes studying the icy tundra in front of me. he furrowed his brows, looking concerned. "please say something." his words raced softly into my ears.

i opened my arms and wrapped them around his sides, his slim figure comforting me in the bitter cold. his body stood frozen for a moment before finally reciprocating the action. his warm arms incased me in a gentle embrace. his fingers traced small circles along on my back.

"i'm sorry i got so mad." i mumbled, my voice muffled against his chest. "it's okay. i should've done something sooner." he pulled away, his arms still around my back. a soft smile melted, lovingly onto his face.

"well you have time now." i smiled back, glancing down to his lips. "i can't explain how much i've always loved you." he pulled me closer to him, i ran my fingers through his silky hair. "then show me."

he leaned in and connected his smooth lips with mine. his breath fanned against my face, as he brought a hand to my cheek. his body relaxed in my arms, his stress sinking away. this what i had wanted since high school, with no one else but him. i tangled my hands in his hair, its strands wrapped around and through my fingers. he hummed softly taking a hold of my sweatshirt. it felt like the rain froze in the sky for second, and everything got colder, making his touch even warmer. the soft skin of his hands was like a blanket of warmth against my face. his lips were smooth like a fresh cup of hot chocolate. we were finally done being best friends. no more looking away, when our gazes met, no more hiding from what i couldn't have because i could have it now. he is in love with me, i just hadn't known it.

-
-
-
1290 words

send in requests here!

i'm having a bit of a hard time coming up with new ones but i hope you enjoyed this one!

it feels a little too close to 'goodnight irene' but let me know what you think.

please go check out somethingheavenknows

she is an amazing writer, i cannot recommend her enough! her writing makes me feel like im in the story instead of just reading it.

i hope i replicate that!

love you all

-AIRIS🧡🚶‍♀️