12. Spoon-Fed Crab

Start from the beginning

"You get two things?" Y/N looked at Reo's tray. "I only get yakitori skewers."

"It's a lot of food," Reo smiled. "But usually, I end up having Nagi's crab because he can't be bothered to eat it. He eats the sliced meats as well as the ramen."

"Wait, what ranks are you to have this stuff?" Y/N held onto Reo's arm, checking his rank first, then inching over to look at the sleeping Nagi's arm.

"You two are the top ranked in Building Five? Team V?" Genuinely surprised, Y/N congratulated them. They've literally been playing for a few months, how are they so good? Even though I know the ranks aren't accurate, they have to be half-decent to get to their ranks.

"Yeah, everyone here is kind of bad." Reo said. "No offence, Y/N."

"None taken," He replied shortly. "I agree with you."

A few seconds of comfortable silence, as the chatter from the rest of Team V continued on. They seemed more relaxed than Team Z by a lot, probably because they were the strongest team.

"So, want some food?" Reo offered. "I'll crack the crab for you, I'm used to doing it by now."

"Yeah." Nagi shifted in his chair, raising his head just slightly so Y/N could see his grey eyes from under his hair. "Crab is nice."

"I'll have some too then." Y/N lowered his head to Nagi's level, smiling. "Hey, Nagi!"

"Oh, hi." Nagi showed little reaction, before turning back to Reo. "Can I have some ham too?" His voice was quiet and drowsy.

"Of course." Reo began to get the crab meat out of the shell, and while he was doing that, Y/N found himself under a heavy weight.

Nagi had shifted his position, hands on either side of Y/N's waist as he leant his forehead onto Y/N's shoulder from behind. Y/N exhaled shakily as the taller boy's fingers ran down his sides.

"N-Nagi, what are you doing?"

"Tired..." Nagi just sighed, pulling Y/N to his chest.

"Um." Y/N's face was a bright red, as most of Team V turned to look at them curiously. Reo was with them, grinning at the sight. "Reo, give me some help?"

The purple-haired boy just popped a piece of crab meat into his mouth, shaking his head. "Nope, you're by yourself."

He stabbed another piece of crab with a fork, leaning close to Y/N and moving the food near his mouth. "You seem a bit stuck there. Say ahhhh..."

"No way in hell are you feeding me." Y/N declined, pursing his lips and shaking his head. Even though that crab looks delicious.

"Your loss, then." Reo went back to cracking the crab, and Y/N pouted pettily at the loss of the food.

"Wait, no!"

He ended up spending almost an hour there in the cafeteria with Reo and Nagi. Nagi just wouldn't let him go, holding him like a teddy bear whenever he tried to squirm away, and Reo kept giving him pieces of their food.

It all tasted absolutely perfect. The hams, the cheese, the ramen, hell even the plain rice and miso soup somehow tasted better. And Y/N took satisfaction knowing not many other people would have this sort of amazing food in Bluelock.

It was around eight before the three of them finally finished their joint meal, Reo eating the last spoon of rice.

They'd spent ages talking about their individual soccer games, and different things that had happened to them since coming to Bluelock. Reo and Nagi had apparently been quite busy, crushing their first team eight to zero.

"You know, Y/N, when it comes to the game against Team Z, we'll crush you too." Reo stated. "So you'd better become the top striker and progress by yourself."

"How about we just beat you instead?"

"You can't." Reo grinned. "Nagi and I haven't lost a single game since we started playing soccer, and that isn't going to change anytime soon."

"Hmm." Y/N was finding it a bit difficult to talk with Nagi clinging to him, but made an effort anyway. "There's a first time for everything."

"I like the confidence!"

They were by themselves. The rest of Team V had left a while ago, leaving just the trio sitting alone in Team V's section.

Y/N laughed, and playfully pushed Reo's chest. "Just wait and see. I'm moving through no matter what happens."

"I don't doubt it." Reo breathed out softly. "I've never seen you play, but you're like Nagi, aren't you?"

"Hmm?" Shrugging, he looked behind him at the white-haired boy. "I'm not tall, nor am I always tired."

"No, you're a genius. A treasure, just like him." Reo went quiet. "You're my second treasure."

"I'm not smart." Y/N blushed, trying to ignore the second part. "I'm nowhere near a genius."

"A soccer genius." He seemed set on his idea of Y/N.

As Y/N grew gradually more shy, a loud yell came from the entrance to the cafeteria. "HEY, Y/N!"

Team Z was just entering the large room, looking worn out from a full day of training and planning. They always had their dinner quite late, but eight had to be a new record or something.

Raichi stomped his way across the room, all of Team Z staring at Reo, Nagi, and Y/N. "This is what you've spent your time doing? Instead of planning?"

"Yeah?" Y/N felt Reo shift a bit closer to him, and from behind, Nagi's grip tightened subtly. "Don't worry, I can fit into whatever plan you want."

"That's not the point!" Raichi yelled. "The point is, you've been slacking off while everyone has been working!"

"I've worked plenty. I will fit into your plan, and I will do what you need. That's all." Y/N patted Nagi's arm a little bit, lowering his voice. "Hey, Nagi? Let me go please, I'm going to have to go now."

"Mhm..." After a few seconds' pause, he unwrapped his arms from Y/N, immediately looking drowsily around for Reo.

Raichi immediately grabbed Y/N's arm, yanking him to his feet and dragging him back towards the rest of Team Z. He just let himself get pulled, waving to Reo with a smile on his face. "See you soon!"

"See you!"