♡ Undyne & Alphys ♡ (Part 2/2)

Start from the beginning

She'd unintentionally played with my SOUL so hard in that moment. The anticipation was the most dreadful and amazing thing I've ever felt, and when it ended with her snuggled up against me, I couldn't have been happier. She's a lot taller than me, so she smothered me like a blanket, but I was more than fine.

We talked about nothing and everything all at once. Mettaton, 'Human History', the Surface, a fluffy white dog Undyne had seen recently, Papyrus, and when it came back to the topic of earlier, I mentioned something.

"U-Undyne, did you look through my stuff at all w-whilst I was asleep?" I looked at her worriedly. She stiffened for a moment, then smiled.

"How and why would I look through your stuff whilst I had you on my lap?"

My eyebrows lifted in surprise. "You... Y-You mean you didn't move the whole time I was asleep?"

"I wouldn't pass an opportunity to sleep with you, Alphys." She winked, then laughed. I felt my face heat up and I gasped.

"H-Hey! Undyne!" I stammered. She continued to laugh, but grabbed my hand and squeezed it in reassurance.

"Pfft- I'm- Haha, I'm kidding, Alph. But seriously, I promise you I didn't and would never touch anything you wouldn't want me looking at," she said, smiling. In the moment, it was sweet: it made me smile and I even shuffled closer to her at the sound of her words.

Looking back now, though, I begin to pick up on things I didn't previously notice. The hint of worry in her voice. Her nervous glances around the room. The way she was anxiously fiddling with her bracelet on her wrist. The pace of her heartbeats when I rested my head against her chest.

Some of my work even seems to be missing. I'm probably overthinking things. I always do.

We talked until dusk seeped through the air and sky. Before she left, I bandaged her ankle and she made me promise to her that I'll call her whenever anything's wrong. It was random, but she looked so desperate. The relief that spread across her face at the sound of my agreement made the promise worth it. Eventually, we waved goodbye, and once the lab doors shut, I sighed.

She had told me she'd left a gift-bag by the lab entrance. She'd dropped it when she saw me. I laughed to myself, reminiscing on everything that had happened in such a short amount of time.

I still feel so guilty that she went through all this effort just because I was an idiot and didn't step outside for a week.

Surely she should know by now that I'm a Royal Scientist? There are days where my work gets in the way of my well-being, and that's okay, because I knew that the day I signed up for this job. The whole basis of my work is to make Monsters' lives better at the potential expense of my own.

I scanned around in search of a bag and grinned when I found it. From the appearance alone, I could tell it was one of Papyrus' gift bags she'd repurposed and used for my present. It's reasonable, considering she doesn't normally buy people gifts, so it's fair she wouldn't have any bags lying around at her house.

I walked over and picked it up, carrying it to the sofa. I sit down, grabbing the TV remote and switching on the television. It defaults to the most recent show, which was from a few weeks ago when I was doing a binge of Mew Mew Kissy Cutie for the 7th time. I still, even now, haven't gotten round to watching the sequel yet. I decided to keep the anime on as background stimulation as I looked through the gift-bag.

Placing the bag on my lap, I shuffled through it.

"T..There's a lot in here. I hope she didn't spend too much money on me," I remember thinking aloud.