𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟴

♪ 'Cause in my head
It's always been you ♪

Pierre Gasly POV

I fucked up. I know that, but god damn, I need to know she feels the same. I am not this guy. I am not the guy who never takes a hint, and I am not the guy who doesn't know when a girl likes him back.

We have sexual chemistry; we have the ability to talk for hours nonstop, but I need the emotional part of it. For the first time ever, I want love. And I want it with her. I don't particularly appreciate feeling insecure; I want to be enough for her. I would try my best, I would die trying if I had to.

"Do you love me, Chloé?" My voice trembles as I interrupt her. I don't want to fight, and I don't want more excuses. I want the truth even if it hurts.

"I do. Do you love me?" She asks as she looks up at me, locking her eyes with mine, and I smile as I nod immediately.

"I love you, Chloé. I really do," I say as I caress her cheek gently.

"I can't do this. I can't handle you replacing me this easily. Relationships are hard, and you don't want to make the effort, you just got a pretty girl and kissed her on your birthday in front of everyone who cares about you. That is not right, and I can't trust you," she says tearfully as she sniffs, and I feel my heart breaking.

"I would get on my damn knees and ask for forgiveness; if I get to be your boyfriend, I will never look at another woman again. Ever. You are all I can see already, I just felt like shit, and I am not used to that. Tell me what I can do," I beg her as I cup her cheeks, desperate for a chance to redeem myself.

"We should go back inside. It's still your birthday, and I won't be the one to blame for ruining it. I am sorry for appearing like this; let's ignore the elephant in the room," she says calmly as she takes my hand off her face, and I nod.

I did what she wanted. I went back, and I saw Charles was worried, he was the one who invited some girls who were outside. I am not going to blame him because I should've been more thoughtful. I looked at Chloé as Julia and Anna were obviously worried about her.

"I'm sorry. I had no idea she was coming here," Charles says regretfully, guilt filling his expression, but I nod.

"I let myself go, and it was my fault; don't even worry about it. We will be fine. We can work this out," or so I hope.

I received some gifts, and everyone ate the cake before I finally gained some courage to talk to Chloé.

"Do I need to get on my knees? Because I am definitely considering a public apology for being a douche," I reach her side as the words leave my lips, and she just rolls her eyes.

"Don't make this even more embarrassing than what it needs to be. Let me be, enjoy the party. I will leave before you even notice I'm gone," she informs me coldly, and I see Anna and Julia watching from 2 meters away. They are disappointed, to say the least.

"Did I lose you?" I ask, concerned for the future we never got to have.

"No. I need some time and space. I don't want to do something I might regret," she still avoids eye contact, but I can handle that.

"Like what? Slapping me? Calling me names? I can deal with that. Take it out on me. I fucking deserve it. But as soon as I get to call you my girlfriend, I won't ever let any woman touch me like she did that I can promise you," I am confident in my words. The moment she enters a room, she has my full attention.

"Like kissing you and making this relationship public before we even had a moment to appreciate. I want to take that smug smile off that bitch's face. I am fucking sick of her looking at me like she won, and I am a rock stuck at the bottom of her shoe," her anger was evident, and it was damn hot.

"Make it public. Do whatever you want; I will kiss the floor you walk on if you want me to."

"Fine, deal with the consequences of my actions then," she shrugs before crashing her lips into mine in a deep, passionate kiss, and I immediately pull her closer as I circle her waist with my arm. I missed this; I missed her.

I know someone in this club either recorded or took a pic of it. However, I don't believe any of the people I invited would be doing it. The other girl would be nothing but a rumor because no one was prepared for that to happen, and she was just a regular girl. Phones have been out since Chloé, Anna, and Julia entered the club.

"How long have you known her for? Because she is coming here, and I don't see how you would owe her many explanations," Chloé comments before I feel a slight tap on my shoulder, I turn around as I still hold Chloé's waist.

"What is this? Is she your girlfriend?" The brunette asks me, and I realize I don't even remember her name. What a shitshow.

"I am now. I am sorry if you felt like you two were something else. He has a habit of fucking up whenever he is stressed. Apologize, Pierre," Chloé says politely, and I nod.

"I am sorry for leading you on. I never thought you would kiss me, and I thought my feelings were unreciprocated."

"This is unbelievable!" She mutters angrily before storming off.

"Are you my girlfriend? For real?" I wanted to ensure it was set in stone before doing the victory lap.

"I am your girlfriend and you are my boyfriend so behave yourself because I will be having a talk with Charles and I will tell him that if you even touch a girl's ass he will tell me and I will dump your ass way quicker than you can blink Pierre Jean-Jacques Gasly," she warns me and I nod quickly.

"I am sure he will protect you just like Anthoine would but I will say this as a heads-up. Charles was the one who invited those girls in and he told me to just relax so I would remember that while having that talk," I tell her before kissing her quickly before I see her heading for Charles.

Charles looked like a deer in headlights once she stopped in front of him, he took a glance at me and I just shrugged. It's his problem.