Run

It was the next week and everyone's family had already left. It was just the few avengers and me again. I was bored of just sitting in my room, there was this known silence where everyone kept to themselves. Everyone missed their families, but they had to stay here anyways. I guess that's a downside of being one of the "world's mightiest heroes".

I quietly walked out and went to get a pop tart for "breakfast". I reached up to the top shelf, of course I had to hop into the counter to fucking reach this shit.

"Need help?" A voice asked from behind me.

"I," I paused as I reached up at it, "got it." I finished as I yanked down the box. It was empty.

"Fuck." I mumbled as I threw it into the counter. I sat down and swung my legs from where I was.

"Language." Steve said as he reached for a granola.

"Yeah, yeah you old loser." I joked as I lightly kicked him. He smiled and leaned against the counter next to me.

"How's it been so far?"

"Pretty good. Best I've been treated my entire life. Still don't feel as rich as you guys. I'm still the little poor kid from the orphanage." I joked. He smiled.

"Well technically, you aren't poor anymore. Neither are you an orphan." He ruffled my hair as he spoke.

"Yeah, but, it feels like it sometimes. All of you have powers, I'm like, a charity case that y'all took in for fun." I grumbled.

"Hey, you're not a charity case." He said, elbowing me.

"You're a publicity stunt." He laughed as I dropped my jaw in shock.

"WOW." I laughed.

"I'm just kidding, kiddo." He rested his chin on my head as he hugged me.

"You're the exact opposite." He smiled as he started walking off.

"C'mon, let's go for a walk." He gestured for me to follow.

"Wait up!"

I yelled as he started to run. I didn't even have a chance to eat breakfast before he led us to the elevator.

"Where are we going?" I asked out of breath.

"On a run." He smiled.

"Oh fuck that bullshit! I can barely even run from there to here!"

"Language!" He exclaimed as he nudged my side lightly.

"C'mon, it won't be that bad."

"Steve, that feels weird. Old man, that's a little better. Old man, it is 27 fucking degrees and I get cold from 75°. I am going to fucking die!"

"Language! No you won't die! Just c'mon!" He yelled. He held onto my shoulder as he brought us outside to meet Sam.

"Hey Cap! Hey loser." He mumbled to me. He was still salty about the baby incident.

"Suck my dick Samuel." I said, flipping him off.

"Steve-"

"Hey, you deserve it for not keeping an eye out for her." I smirked as I teased him from behind Captain. He rolled his eyes and continued to talk.

"Is she coming with us?" He groaned.

"Yup, you two can make up on the way!" He said as he started jogging.

"I'll give you a brisk walk!" I yelled from behind. He grumbled something but I just ignored it and stayed behind with Sam.

"How is he so jumpy at 8 in the fucking morning?" I mumbled.

"He's captain America, what do you expect?"

He mumbled as well. He whined as he started to jog. I stayed loyal to my pace. We, well, I walked around our ginormous track that went around the whole place. Cap ran and Sam jogged.

"On your left!"

Cap said as he ran past. I rolled my eyes and continued to listen to music. I breathed on my hands to try and keep them warm.

"On your left!" Sam yelled as he came close to me.

"I've always wanted to say that!" He cried out. I smiled and waved as he passed.

.
.
.

"Can we go back in now?!" I asked Steve as he started to get close. My hands were slow to work and my feet hurt.

"It's been 5 minutes!"

"But I'm tired!"

.
.
.

This time, it's actually been an hour. And I'm not being dramatic!

"Now can we go in?" I begged.

"Maybe, let's wait for Sam and see what he says." He said, slowing down to my pace. We both walked in silence, taking occasional peeks behind us.

"Sam's still here right?"

_______________________________________________

"Mmmm mm Mmm!" Sam moaned in pleasure as he ate some leftover turkey.

_______________________________________________

"Let's go inside, I'm cold." Cap muttered. We stayed walking at the slowest pace we could for a good 20 minutes waiting for Sam.

"Finally!" I yelled. I buttoned my phone pocket before I started running to the main entrance.

"Oh so now you run!" Steve complained, trying to catch up to me. Surprisingly, I was faster and got to the elevator first.

"Jesus kid, you're fast!"

He panted. He pressed the close button on the elevator. We went up and walked over to the kitchen for some water. Sam was eating the rest of the turkey. His face dropped when we walked in.

"Hey buddy. Long time no fuckin' see huh?"

He paused.

"I'm not even gonna language you on that one kid. Sam, where'd you go?" Cap crossed his arms as he got after Sam.

"About 15 minutes in I got tired and wanted some turkey. Is it so wrong for a man to want some turkey?!" Sam yelled. Cap scoffed and grabbed some water.

"You're doing extra next time." He pointed. I giggled a little and mocked him from behind. Sam laughed a little too, but kept a straight face for Cap.

"Also, good job kiddo!" He ruffled my hair before walking off.

"I should get paid for staying longer than Sam!"

"Ha! No." He said before he went out of range. I sat down next to Sam and talked to him for the rest of the day.

A/n: this is mainly a filler chapter. I'm working on the Christmas ones though!