13 - Balls

Lia's POV

Lia's POV

I was chilling on the bleachers as I watched my sister get ready to batter up.

"I hate it when they move in like that" Mia spoke as I sighed.

"Mia, it's not a championship game" I said as she looked at me and coach agreed with me.

"It's not even a big game. It's just gym class. Just hit the ball. I don't want to flunk you in gym class." Coach spoke as Mia nodded and the cheerleaders started to cheer which made me wince at how annoying they were.

"Do they have to be doing it here?" I asked Coach as I watched Mia hit the ball, but it was a foul and landed near the girls as they all screamed bloody murder at a softball.

"Oh, come on, girls. It's a ball, not a snake. Back in formation!" VP Gupta spoke as she held a pom pom but the girls just looked scared.

"I'm sorry." Mia apologized but I got annoyed and walked up to her, not caring that I wasn't playing.

"Don't apologize, they should be kissing your feet that you didn't arrest them for what they did" I spoke as I glared at Lana who rolled her eyes at me.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer loser" she spoke as I squinted my eyes at her.

"Foul ball. Okay. It's all right." Coach said as Mia steadied herself.

"Keep your eye on the ball" I spoke as she nodded, I told her to ignore everyone and to focus. Everyone was making comments, and I could see it was pissing her off.

"Drown them out, as if they are a sound machine" I said to her as she closed her eyes but a certain person's voice came back into range.

"Order me a pizza, huh? Pepperoni." but right when Jack or John said that Mia hit the ball and it landed right on his family jewels. I laughed out loud as I pushed Mia, making her snap out of it. She ran the bases as coach, and I were screaming for her. The other player made it home and then another did but Mia was still going, she was gonna do a homerun.

"What are you doing? Get up!" Bobby said to Joe or whatever but it was too late, Mia already jumped over him and was almost to home. I screamed the loudest that I could as she got closer. The ball was thrown but Mia slide, placing her hand on the plate and we all waited for teh verdict.

"Safe! And you passed." Coach said as I screamed with Mr. O'Connell.

Time Skip

I was chilling at Mia's for the night as it was a girls' night. I left the room for a bit to get more food. I currently had eye masks under my eyes. I grabbed some chips and was about to walk back in but I saw that Michael was in the room. I stayed back incase he and Mia were having a moment, so I listened in a bit.

"Well, um, I'm still going to the Genovian Independence Day Ball, and I'm inviting you. It could be fun, you know. I'm wearing this great dress that I can't breathe in and Lilly's got a date. Lia and her boyfriend will be there and--" she started to ramble but Michael cut her off.

"Josh looks better in a tux" he said as I got annoyed, she already probably apologized but he is a bit rude now, being petty and bitchy. A horrible combination.

"Oh. But, see, it's-- I really want you to be the one I share it with. You don't have to wear a tux. You can wear sweatpants for all I care, you know?" Mia rambled again but also confessed to him, and I peeked a bit to see him look annoyed.

"Don't-- Don't worry about me. I just consider myself royally flushed" he said as he bowed to her, grabbed something from behind her, putting it in his mouth (weird) and then headed out the door. Mia cried as she walked back to her desk, but I quickly rip off my eye mask, running towards the back door. I ran and met Michael before he left the block.

"Man, the way you act makes Lana look like a nice person" I spoke as he looked at me and then shrugged.

"Leave me alone, your highness" he spoke as I got annoyed, I don't like it when people do that, acting as if I want them to be that way around me. That I am some entitled princess who doesn't have a caring soul.

(A/n: I hate Nancy)

(A/n: I hate Nancy)

I walked up to him and slapped his face, he looked shocked that I did it.

"You done being a little bitch, and ready to speak to me like you actually know me?" I asked as he looked at me.

"Look I get it that Mia dropped you once she thought she was gonna find Mr. Charming but you have to get over it" I spoke as he looked annoyed.

"Get over it? Get over it?!" he said twice as I looked at him.

"Yes, are you having hearing troubles along with the ladies?" I asked as he got annoyed.

"Why should I get over it? She broke my heart, she deserves to feel some pain" he spoke as I looked at him.

"Do you even know what she is feeling? What she went through? Or do you just believe the tabloids and rumors like everyone else?" I asked as he looked the other way.

"She made out with Josh, probably got caught about to have sex or something" he spoke as I sighed out loud, I even waved my hands up.

"Wow, you are a special kind of stupid! She wasn't kissing him, if you bothered to ask. Julian kissed her against her will" I spoke as he looked at me with shock.

"It's Josh" he corrected me.

"Who's Josh?" I asked.

"The guy, Prince Charming" he spoke as I rolled my eyes, as if I care.

"And Looney and her bitches exposed her to the cameras when she was changing out of her clothes. So before you think low of my sister and make her cry. Just know that I may be her younger sister but I will cause pain to those who have hurt my family. Linda and Jack's time are coming" I spoke as I walked back into the house.

"It's Josh and Lana" he said as I didn't even turn around and threw the bird up in the air. Like I give two shits about their pathetic names! I walked over to Mia who fell asleep at her desk, dried tears were evident on her cheeks. I helped her to her bed and tucked her into her bed.