12 - Shit Storm

Lia's POV

Lia's POV

"It was just last night that San Francisco's own little princess partied at the beach. But what started out as innocent fun soon turned into allegedly too much fun. This is Suki Sanchez for KPFW." The TV was turned off as grandmother just looked at Mia as she was so nervous, whereas I was already scolded three times, once by grandmother, once by Joe, and then smacked by grandmother a second time.

"Please say something." Mia finally spoke as she broke the tension, but grandmother just shrugged her shoulders. I groaned as I missed Finn, but he was back in Ireland with his family as Maeve is throwing chaos left and right as the king thought it would be smart to arrange a marriage with her. It's safe to say that she almost caused a war with Poland as she almost shish kabobs the prince's ass with her bow. Mikayla was out with her parents as she was out with Remus, ever since the dinner she has been going out with him a few times, though all of them have been supervised by her parents.

"Well, there's not much to say. A picture is worth a thousand words, and you have two pictures" grandmother said as she put down the newspaper that had a photo of Mia being kissed by that wannabe boyband loser and then of her seminude. I really think the press should be held accountable, that's basically child pornography right there.

"I really embarrassed the family, didn't I?" Mia said as she was holding in her tears, I walked over to her and gave her a tissue. She nodded in thanks and wiped her tears.

"Not to put too fine a point on it, yes, you did. I think you're making a wise decision to abstain from the job" Grandmother spoke as she sat down at her desk and Mia looked down.

"I suppose I won't come to the ball then" I looked up at her and she was trying to not cry anymore tears than she had already.

"Well, of course you should come. You're still family" Grandmother spoke as I added my two cents in.

"Just because you don't want to be our princess doesn't mean we're sending you into exile. Your mother's planning to come" I said as Grandma cut me off.

"Yes, all your guests are invited, except for your beach friends. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm meeting with the press in an hour to do some damage control." She spoke as she didn't look up from whatever she was writing on her little paper. Mia nodded and with one more glance at grandmother, she left the room.

"You can come in now." Grandmother spoke as we both knew that Joe was lingering in the doorway. He walked in "If I may say so, that did not go very well." he spoke as grandmother huffed and showed the newspaper.

"Is this the way a princess should act?" She spoke as Joe pointed his hand at the newspaper.

"My information tells me that boy was using her. The kiss was merely a device so that he could get his 1 5 minutes of fame. And her friends didn't help, either. Anna, Falana, Banana, Bandana, Montana--" I cut Joe off from his ranting when I shot my hand up as I was texting Braedan for his help. I wanted some dirt on Lana and her crew.