𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐩 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐗𝐈𝐕

Start from the beginning

"It worked wonders for your cousin Lucius, didn't it?" Earl fired back gently. "Seven weeks in the Balkan countryside and he was howling at the moon in no time." Ethan was breathing in and out very quickly, his lip trembling slightly, closing and opening his eyes in anger. Misaki softly placed her small hand on Ethan's and he interlaced his fingers with hers, bringing it down to his side, out of his Father's view.

"As it should be. Don't you want to wolf out and finally be normal, son?" Earl asked his son icily, that smile wiped completely from his pale face. "Instead of the disgrace that you are." he hissed, narrowing his piercing blue eyes.

Mary trembled slightly and looked down.

Ethan abruptly stood up and left without another word, pulling Misaki away with him.

Mary's face paled as she looked at her son leaving. Earl didn't spare the pair another glance.

☟☟☟

On the other side of the golden forest, far away from all the happy families, Pugsley sat alone on a small wooden pier looking out onto the lake. The bright golden sun had descended from the pale blue sky, illuminating the clearing with a warm glow.

Saturday stalked up to him, his black leather long strap shoulder bag hung on his left shoulder while his pale right held two wooden fishing sticks.

He stopped a few yards away behind his younger brother, standing stiller than a statue.

Pugsley saw him from the side of his eye. "Go away." the young boy simply replied.

On the sound of his brother's voice, Saturday stepped closer. "You forgot your fishing gear." he said simply, his deep voice sinking a tone deeper, as he dropped the two wooden sticks on the wooden planks next to Pugsley. 

Taking off his black leather bag, he gently placed it next to Pugsley and sat down next to him, leaning his long legs against the edge so that his leather shoes didn't become submerged in the water due to his height.

Pugsley frowned, partially looking at his older brother. "Stop trying to be nice. It doesn't suit you."

Saturday's obsidian eyes flickered. "Father packed your favourite bait."

Pugsley reached into the black leather bag without looking at Saturday.

Upon opening it he smiled at the contents inside, grabbing a forest green grenade with a black metal top and lifting it up to his face.

But his face quickly dropped and so did his hand, as he again thought about his beloved Mother, now in prison with no way out. Saturday eyed his brother carefully.

"What'll happen to her now?" Pugsley asked softly.

Saturday glanced at Pugsley with lowered eyelids. "Well, she's confessed, so there won't be a trial." He quickly glanced away, looking attentively straight forward.

Pugsley looked at his brother properly for the first time. "After she's sentenced, she'll be sent to a state penitentiary, where she'll lose her mind being separated from Father." Saturday raised an eyebrow as he glanced to the side upwards, away from Pugsley.

"Did you know they haven't spent a night apart since they tied the knot?" he suddenly turned his head and gazed back towards his younger brother as he asked.

Pugsley grimaced as he shook his head slightly. "I always thought I'd be the first one in the family behind bars." he returned as he gazed down at the waters below.

"Lurch and I had a bet going." Saturday said quietly, as both younger and older looked at each other.

"Come on. Let's see if the fish are biting." Saturday urged Pugsley.