Chapter 5: Memorials Day

Funny, all hope drains even before it starts to bloom when I look at you.
-By anonymous.

We didn't look back when we saw the gate

We didn't look back when we saw the gate. I was... Possibly considering letting myself cry ugly when I was greeted by Dylan's worried look within the metal fence, waiting with Sarah who already poured everything into his sleeves, her sobbing echoes as people gathered together.

The moment I reached them, they engulfed me in a tight hug. While Sarah cussed me out, Dylan laughed with a tear in his eyes. My chest tightened up, refused to have this feeling anymore in the future, the pain searing my chest, my throat felt like there was a brick, blinded my eyes until I poured the tears I was holding.

Blythe came before he mocked the hell out of me. I turned to glare with my eyes still wet.

"Shut up, I wasn't the one who got put on a stretcher and was afraid of heights!"

He laughed again.

"This kid is good at holding a grudge, Better be careful next time."

He replied before getting dragged by Dylan out of my sight.

Sarah wiped her tears off before pulling me to the house. Silently working her way to the kitchen with me followed her like a little lost duckling. She reheated all the food before making me slurp on them all.

It's a nightmare in the woods, defenseless. Not knowing what will attack you and what kind of strength they pose. Until you see nothing but yourself to fight, either you kill or be killed.

It's a situation which I don't like. Whether killing or getting killed. The outcome somehow only worked for one side and there's no in-between.

And in between my fear for Blythe and my fear of dying, the fear I have for Blythe conquered my head. All thought wasn't about me, but Blythe. I was worried for him especially since he was in a very vulnerable state. Crazy, I know. But, it's true. From where did I get the strength to drag a whole muscle man who was bigger than me, climbing and going up that far?

Tell anybody, they would call me crazy, how the fuck forty feet up there was possible. Even Dylan after a few days questioned his sanity, asking if he remembers right. At that time I was truly about my own survival. Something doesn't feel right, I feel like I shouldn't die, I have something to do yet I don't remember any pieces to fix or be capable of lending some help.

It's all mysterious...

Ironically, I found myself scary too...
___________________...

It has been two weeks since the last incident. Yes, Blythe still calls me monkey boy, even after Dylan gave me a name, a proper name, Walter.

Needless to say, Sarah getting more protective of me. She refused to let Blythe make me step outside the residence. If Dylan successfully convinced her otherwise, she would make Blythe bring three to four other people with extra weapons. She would wait for us to come back, and make sure we make it alive before the sunset.