"I'm serious. Put it out or I'm walking away."

           "Fine. Geez." He stubbed out the end and raised his hands.

           True to her words, he felt her come and stand beside him. They did not say anything at all for moments. Dhruv pushed his hands into his pockets. Before he could say anything, she spoke out,

      "Don't. Dhruv. Let's not ruin the moment."

        "Why are you here then?"

      He knew she was contemplating telling him the truth or some lie. He read her so easily. It was why he hadn't walked away the first he had heard her walk in.

            "So, Neeta... that's nice."

       She had settled on changing the topic. 

              "Yep. What's up with that guy?" He tipped his chin towards the guy she came with.

         "He's my colleague."

         "Seems too young to be a colleague."

          "He's an intern."

          "And HR just lets it slide?"

         She said nothing to him but he knew that she was annoyed.

           "I don't have to explain myself to you especially when you're being such a jerk."

              "Yeah because you obviously explain everything." Dhruv couldn't control his sarcastic reply. She tsked in annoyance and tried to leave he blocked her way. She went towards the other way, he stepped in her way again.

             "What do you want? It's obvious you don't want to have a civilised conversation."

             "You told me that you're heartless so imagine my surprise when I find you with Mr. Babyface."

                 She scoffed, "This is ridiculous. You have moved on too. Moreover, you have replaced me with Riyan and his mother too this time."

          "I waited. I tried. You're the one who wanted a divorce! You're the one who gave up!"

           "Yes, I'm fine with you moving on, Dhruv. I'm glad that you did it with Neetu." She said and walked away.

      He felt fire in his heart and he rushed after her. She had entered her room and he opened the door too and slammed it behind him.

         "Get out -"

          "You're glad?!"

          "Dhruv, get out of my room!"

         "You're f*cking glad?!"

         "Dhruv! I said get out!" She said shoving him. But he didn't move.

         "Oh the Dhruv that followed your orders to the mark has died. You killed him so save your energy!" He snapped at her.

            "What did you think? Did you want me to be upset?!"

            "Yes I did! How could you say that?! I asked you if you wanted me, if you wanted this and you said yes. Why did you do that?"

           "I didn't know things would get this bad. I didn't or else I would've said no..."

         His chest hurt all over, "Did you ever love me, at all? Love me enough to choose me?"