Chapter 36: Love is........ Toxic

Start bij het begin

But that amusement came to a pause as a message came in on the screen.

Nik: started studying yet?

I read the message once before it disappeared and I sat there, the video still paused as I tried to come to terms with how I was feeling. And why I couldn't bring myself to opening the chat.

Then another came in.

Nik: Kelsey and me gon start studying together tomorrow or by weekend. Lemme know if you gon come. You the smartest out of us so you know we need you real bad😂😭

I read it and felt my chest burn.

She was being so nice.......

Almost as if she wasn't speaking to me. An honestly shitty person. And so called friend......

Why don't I reply? As I continued to think about it, once again the message disappears and I sigh.

I'll reply in a second. Just gotta calm down first. Can't reply if I'm in this state of mind.

And so I did. I continued watching videos in hopes of feeling better.

Until I felt carefree again. Happy again. Somewhat at peace in what original felt like a flux of negative emotions. And I was No longer thinking about how shitty I was being. As a friend, a daughter and a student.

It was all pushed to the back of my mind. So much so that I didn't even remember what I was meant to do.

Ares: ready?

I woke up to the sound of my phone as a message came in and I checked it groggily.

As my half open eyes adjusted to the light enough for me to see, I read it, my eyes immediately flying open.

All the sleep quickly left my body and was replaced by excitement as I jumped up and checked the time.

8:09

Shit.

A: not quite yet. I'll lyk.

I sent the text and hopped into the shower quickly.

He had texted me 2 other times and I'm guessing he assumed I'd gotten them.
But I in fact did not.

Hopping out of the shower, I wrapped myself in a towel and went into my room to find what I wanted to wear.

I hear a ding and didn't waste any time as I grabbed the phone quickly.

Ares: aiite. Lmk so I can come get you

Come get me? So I'd be staying by him? Omg.

My heart was beating out of my chest as I tried to find not only what to wear but also pack a bag. I grabbed all the things I thought I'd need like extra clothes and underwear, chargers etc. I made sure to slide in the bottle of henny from the last time he was over.

Once I finished packing, I slid on the matching panty set and pajama jumpsuit

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.