Comme d'habitude

Word Count: 1061

Y/n

It's the next morning and you wake with a horrendous headache and red, puffy eyes. You groan at how terrible you feel. You check the time, 2:13 PM.

Guess it's not morning, then.

You have two more days off of filming and no plans ahead of you which meant today you are probably just going to lie about and do random things to escape the monotony of being away from the one you truly love.

Loved.

You sigh. Today is going to be a long day.

Tomorrow will probably be ever worse due to the fact that you had to attend an award ceremony that both you and Lizzie were nominated for. Albeit, you're nominated for Song of The Year and Lizzie is nominated for Best Actress plus is presenting a few awards but still, the whole world still believes you and Lizzie are dating and being in the same place, on-screen, is not the best idea.

On the bright side, being nominated for Song of The Year for 'We Fell in Love in October' is probably the best thing that's happened to you. Well... Second to the reason for that song.

You sigh once more. Everything seems to be reminding you of Elizabeth Chase Olsen.

Being honest, Elizabeth Olsen is still the love of your life. Elizabeth Olsen is still the most seraphic, kind, funny person you know. You can't deny it much longer. In your heart, you know that Lizzie is the best girlfriend you've had even though you had only truly dated for a couple of days. But that didn't matter.

Feeling the frustration begin to bubble inside of you, you go to your music room and grab a pack of cigarettes and a lighter on the way.

You immediately light the cigarette and begin to puff away. You grab your guitar after placing the cigarette down and begin strumming.

You're not quite sure what you're playing but you're inspired so it doesn't matter too much. After a while, you begin to strum to a French song and you start to softly sing.

"Et puis le jour s'en ira
Moi je reviendrai
Comme d'habitude
Toi tu seras sortie
Et pas encore rentrée
Comme d'habitude
Tout seul j'irai me coucher
Dans ce grand lit froid
Comme d'habitude
Mes larmes je les cacherai
Comme d'habitude."

You finish the few verses with tears gently rolling down your face, thinking about Lizzie.

Comme d'habitude.

- Time skip -

It's the next day and you're both equally terrified and excited.

You're finally going to see Lizzie again but you can't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

She was shoving her tongue down someone else's throat after we had both told each other that we loved each other.

It's a bad thing.

In the back of your mind, there was still a voice telling you that you loved her, that she loved you but you shake your head to distract yourself from your own delusion.

You finish off your makeup and make sure your dress and hair pins are all perfectly placed. You stare at yourself in the mirror once more and mentally prepare yourself for all of this.

You still have no clue what to say to Lizzie, well that's if you even see her at all. Of course you'll be able to look at her when she's presenting on stage but are you even going to be close enough to her to talk.

Are you going to let yourself be close enough to her to talk?

Your head is swimming with thoughts but you try and push them away for now even if it's not the healthiest thing to do.

Once you get to the award ceremony, you take a deep breath and are escorted to a table of six or seven musicians. The table was covered in a white fabric and was a circular shape. It wasn't large but it wasn't particularly small either as you were surrounded by fellow music artists.

For 'Song of The Year', you were up against some really talented people so you were pretty stressed but tried not to let it show as you converse with some people at your table. The atmosphere was quite chill, everyone mostly quiet from nerves.

Shit.

Your eyes widen as you realise you haven't planned an acceptance speech.

I'll be fine, it's not like I'm going to win.

After some time the murmurs and soft conversations die down and the awards start. You were practically on the edge of your seat and you fingers were tapping nervously on the table.

The music awards were first and you smile and clap for the people who win 'Best Music Video' and 'Album of the Year'. You were so happy for everyone, even some artists being ones you grew up with or are in touch with.

"And presenting 'Song of The Year', actress Elizabeth Olsen!"

I've never changed my mind so quickly about wanting something.

You knew that you wanted this award but you also knew that people would expect you to hug or even kiss Lizzie, you would be on a massive stage, right next to each other.

"And 'Song of The Year goes to..." You listen cautiously to Lizzie's calm voice.

"The Night We Met!" (A/n: I just picked a random song off my playlist lmao)

Thank fuck.

You smile and clap, slightly disappointed but you were sorta expecting it.

The night drags on even longer as the movie awards are beginning to present. Lizzie was presenting one last award before the award for her category was shown and you could tell she was anxious.

"And now, presenting Best Actor, Elizabeth Olsen!"

Lizzie walks onto the stage, her hands nervously fiddling with her dress.

"Um, t-the award for 'Best Actor' goes to..." Her eyes wander around for a split second before locking onto yours.

She raises her right hand to her ear and tugs on it slightly.

"Leonardo DiCaprio!" She says, her voice wavering. After, she leaves in a hurry, off to one of the bathrooms.

That's when you remember.

Thanks for reading! Sorry this is late, I've been kinda busy recently. Also, Comme D'habitude (As Usual/ Like Everyday) is a song about a relationship that's falling out of love, it doesn't really fit with this story but the few verses I picked, I thought were similar to how Y/n is feeling currently.