(Story #2): Dragon Prince(part6)

Start from the beginning

What a squad of formidable paladins.

Through the innate abilities of the Elven race, honed by experience, Kagali was able to detect a few faint traces of magicules that gathered as if an invisible barrier around the Alistάirs paladins.

Which made her anxiety even worse.

'No way...y-you gotta be kidding me! That was a magic barrier that even all elements of magic known in this era could not break through....the impregnable [Aegis Rampart] !'

In disbelief, she panicked from within.

As far as she knew as a royal, the magic barrier [Aegis Rampart] was a legendary barrier that was often used to protect borders from the attacks of magic beasts. Yet, it was hard to believe that the legendary magic barrier used for things as big as the border would be used to block several people.

What a true exaggeration.

Kagali quickly turned her gaze to Rimuru, just wanting to see his reaction to the obstacle before them.

However, different from her expectation that she would see a face of despair like herself, she instead only saw a face of pure annoyance with piercing golden eyes, in which the patientless fury bubbled up within. The vague face is shaded by the shadow of his blue hair that flutters magnificently in the air of dawn.

He let out a grunt, then slowly and spontaneously walked back toward one of the Nasca royal carriages behind them. Everyone was perplexed and could only keep silent and observe his strange behaviour.

Arriving at his chosen carriage.

"Down..."

A demanding word full of authority and deep cold came out of his mouth, addressed to the Nasca emissaries who were still in the royal carriage.

"H-h-hai!"

Recklessly and fearfully, they obeyed and hurriedly got out of the carriage.

Rimuru then untied the harness of the carriage horse so that the horse would be safe from the actions he would do next. 

And it's not something that many people can predict...

=====

At the capital's exit gate, the Alistάirs were waiting for Rimuru's group to approach. They were all ashen-faced and gravely had no emotion at all like a puppet controlled by someone. 

They did not even move from where they stood. Standing tall and still like a pillar with a sword in hand and fingers ready to chant magic. A moment later, they all heard the sound of horses' hooves in the distance but cautiously began to slow down and fall silent.

The situation is so outrageously quiet that the sound of the early civil twilight breeze can be heard, albeit faintly.

Suddenly, from the perception of one of the Alistάirs members, a strange black dot was seen in the sky. The black dot is strangely and gradually getting bigger...

Bigger...

And

Bigger....

.

.

.

.

Oh, wait... it's not getting bigger, it's getting closer-

CRAAAASSSHH!!!!

.

.

An enormous unknown object swiftly crashed and shattered their supposedly 'legendary' magic barrier like nothing. As a result, all the members of Alistάirss were thrown. What used to be a line of defence that stood tall and straight, now fell scattered like a pinball hit by a bowling ball.