Striking Chords: Cricket Matches and Heartfelt Conversations

In the serene cocoon of Manik's room, the morning light tiptoed through the curtains, painting the walls with a golden hue. As the world stirred, Manik remained submerged in slumber, until a persistent knock disrupted the tranquility.  (Cabir's voice sliced through the drowsiness.)

Cabir: Wake up, Manik. (Manik groaned)

manik: Let me sleep. i slept 4 am in the morning. (A chuckle escaped Cabir's lips.)

 cabir :It's already 11 am, buddy. (Reality struck like a lightning bolt, jolting Manik into an upright position.)

Manik: Oh, shit! I am late. (He exclaimed, scrambling out of bed But Cabir, with his usual calm demeanor, reassured him.)

Cabir:  Don't stress, Manik. We're heading out later. Sports are on the agenda, the highlight of the resort fun.

Manik's: Then why the early wake-up call?

Cabir: Because I want to talk about yesterday and what happen to u? (Cabir persisted and Manik hesitated)

 Manik: Let it be, Cabir. We'll discuss it later. (But Cabir, determined, pushed on)

Cabir: No, let's talk now. I don't want to sport a sulky face all day. (Finally relenting, Manik confessed.)

 Manik: I was feeling jealous seeing everyone with their partners having spending time yesterday in the temple. (Interrupting, Cabir sought to empathize.)

Cabir: I understand, Manik... (Cutting him off, Manik's voice carried a weight) 

Manik: You don't understand, Cabir. It feels like a void in your life. (Patiently, Cabir reasoned.)

Cabir: Everyone has relationship problems. Mine with Navya wasn't smooth sailing either, but we made it work. (Manik's frustration surfaced.)

 Manik: It was a two-way street in your relationship. In mine, I try, Cabir, but she doesn't. And I'm still trying every day. (With concern, Cabir probed.)

Cabir: Then why to stay if it doesn't make you happy? (Manik admitted.)

Manik: I love Prena and there's Myeesha...(Manik," Cabir interjected.)

Cabir: you have to decide. This can't go on; it'll create bigger problems for all three of you." (Lost in contemplation.)

Manik mumbled: I don't know, Cabir.

 Cabir advised: "Take your time, buddy, but think about what you truly want. Now, let's gear up; cricket awaits!"

****

Scene Start with Nandini room.

The morning sun embraced Nandini's room, casting a gentle glow on the walls. Rising with the dawn, she embraced the tranquility of the early hour. At 7:30 am, the world outside her window was still waking up. Nandini, with a serene determination, embarked on her morning ritual—yoga.

The rhythmic flow of asanas energized her, aligning mind and body. Post-yoga, a longing for the outdoors beckoned her. Nature, a perennial source of solace, awaited in the garden.

While immersed in the vibrant hues of blooming flowers and the rustle of leaves, a familiar melody interrupted her thoughts—a call from Aryanman. (Aryanman's voice, a cheerful cadence, echoed through the phone.)

Aryanman: Hi, Nandini, and I'm very sorry I didn't call you back.

Nandini: It's okay, Aryanman. I know you'll be busy. I called because I need a favor. (Aryanman, always reliable, countered with warmth.)

Aryanman:  Why be formal with me? You know I can help you anytime, and I always have your back. (Nandini, teasingly, added a dash of humor)

Nandini : Okay, next time I'll order. Is that okay? (Aryanman, with an easygoing demeanor, agreed)