Chapter 48: The Roommate

Start from the beginning

Although her relationship with Nicholas did not last long, it did not discourage Camila from having another date. It was common if a relationship did not work out. Some people found the one in the first person they met, but for some others, they had to meet many to finally find the one. Camila was not worried about her relationship with Nicholas did not work. She did not have to worry because she knew that more people were interested in her since she started her real life. What Camila was worried about was the reason why she ended things with Nicholas.

The main reason was sex. Camila did not tell Nicholas the exact reason, but she did mention to Nicholas that she did not feel the connection when they had it. Nicholas was disappointed for sure as he liked Camila, even more than Camila liked him. Camila did not find any red flags on Nicholas, but she just did not feel it. It scared Camila that she might be addicted to Lauren to the point she did not feel good enough with Nicholas. She thought she had to overcome this unhealthy addiction to Lauren.

.

"Camila, Did I make you drink too much?" Sasha asked Camila on Monday morning when they just arrived at the office.

Camila laughed, "No, Sasha! Drinking with you is fun. It's not your fault I was not feeling well. I wanted to drink and forgot when to stop."

"Dakota asked me if I made you drink too much." Sasha was known as one of those who knew how to make people have fun and relax by drinking.

"She did?" Camila was surprised. "She did not blame you, did she?"

"Nah..." Sasha said, "but she's suspicious."

"I'll tell her. I got home and drank again in a tub." Camila said.

"You did?" Sasha was a bit surprised.

"Yeah, It's just a glass of wine." Camila chuckled. "But I hardly drink alcoholic stuff so yeah..."

"Noted. I will stop you next time." Sasha kept in mind that Camila was not good at drinking at all.

"Thanks!" Camila smiled.

"Did I miss anything on Friday?" Camila asked.

"Oh, yes!" Sasha was excited. "You are doomed."

"What?" Camila looked at Sasha, not knowing what it was. "Did I make a mistake?"

"No... but..." Sasha smiled sneakily.

"Sasha?" Camila got nervous.

"You..." Sasha stopped when Dakota walked into their office.

"Good morning, girls!" Dakota arrived in their office. She greeted Camila and Sasha as she walked past them, heading to her office.

"Morning, Mam!" Camila and Sasha greeted back. They always went by first name, but they would refer to Dakota as Mam when they greeted her in the morning when she arrived or in the afternoon when she left.

"Camila!" Dakota turned back.

"Yes, Dakota?" Camila stood up.

"I did not manage to get my regular coffee. Can you get me the coffee downstair? The one that you got me last time?" Dakota asked.

"Yes, sure!" Camila took the card Sasha instantly handed her. It was the company card. "Anything else?"

"No. If you two want something, just go ahead." Dakota said.