Chapter 6: Part 3 - Once old, born anew

Start from the beginning

Kohen: "What about that other friend of yours?" Myrellie flinches. "The one you refused to talk about before we left home?"

She clicks her tongue.
"Fair enough. I suppose it's time I tell you already.

His name...
....

Nah.. I won't say it.. It still hurts too much to..

Long story short.. he was very special to me for a lot of different reasons.
I thought he was the one man I could confide in.
The only person that understood me on a level others couldn't.

I wanted to marry him.
Be with him until the day I died..

But that's not the point."

Kohen stands up, taking a hold of her hands.
"Mom...
Please tell me." He requests, managing to surprise her out of her frown. "You don't have to deal with this alone, ya know?"

Starstruck, a tear quietly forms in the corner of her eye, as she stares into his eyes in silence.
Who is this kid?
No.. He's not a kid anymore.
She's never seen Kohen behave this way before. It makes her feel as though everything she has been passing down to him in terms of knowledge, manners, and behaviors has not been in vain.

Unable to express her feelings through words, she leans forward and hugs him. Followed by a comforted exhale.

Myrellie: "I'm ashamed to say it... I never thought it'd be this nice to be hugged by my rambuctious kid....
You're becoming more of a man than you think Kohen..Thank you..."

Kohen: "Just doing what I can mom.." She burrows her face into his shoulder.
Myrellie: "Yeah... It does more than you can imagine.."

The others smile. The glances they land each other communicates their content towards his behavior. Observing this moment reveals to them the same thing Myrellie saw.

Despite not looking like it..
Kohen listens to them.

Myrellie: "But uhh... yeah...
He uhh.. *sniff* pretty much just...
....

Did something I can't bring myself to forgive...
There's just.. Nothing anybody can say or do...
That will ever let me forgive him.."

She pauses for a moment, as the tears intensify again.

"He- *gasp*.. He killed my mother..

Right in front of... Abigail...."

...

...

....

Myra brings her hands up to her mouth.

Lily sits on the floor and holds onto her knees. Sword neatly placed next to her.

Orton ducks, placing his bo in front of him.

Kohen tightly holds onto his mother.
"I'm sorry for making you say it mom.."

She reciprocates the embrace.
"No no no... *sniff*" She endearingly denies, as she rubs Kohen's back. "It's not your fault my dear child... There's nothing to be sorry for.."

Long seconds of silence pass.

Kohen: "Have you told Kylo about this?"
Myrellie: "Not yet... He has so much more to take care of than anyone else.."
Kohen: "You should tell him mom.. He's been around for a while.. He'll understand you too."
Myrellie: "I can't tell him Kohen..." She cries further. "I can't tell him what was done to me... Kylo will chase him down and destroy himself in the process!! I can't.. I can't watch someone I love go through that again...!