"Is this book yours!"

Y/ns pov
My friend Lydia hasn't stopped talking about the book she just finished reading, so I asked her if I could borrow it.

Truth be told, I have never been a reader before, Pony and Darry have always been the two who read. But I decided it was time I picked up a new hobby.

"Here is that book y/n," Lydia said, handing me the book. "Oh, also, don't leave that laying out." She ended with a giggle. Walking away.

"Hey, wait, why shouldn't I leave it out?"  I yelled back towards her.

She didn't answer back. 'Hmm, must not have heard me.' I mumbled to myself, closing my locker door.

Pony and Johnny were waiting for me by the time I got to the front entrance of the school. both looking a little irritated.

"Took you long enough!" Pony whined .

I shot him back a testing glance.

"Come on guys, let's go," Johnny said real quietly.

Time skip-

I had just finished dinner and sat on the couch and started reading from the page I left off. I was over halfway, and I had just started when I got home.

I can see why Lydia liked this book so much. While yes, I am a teenage girl, I have never experienced the type of things this book was mentioning. However, thinking about it still gave me a feeling in my stomach I had never felt before.

I have never even been kissed, let alone done anything the characters in my book were doing, but reading it made me anticipate what it would actually be like.

"Y/n!" Darry shouted, interrupting my reading and wandering thoughts. "I have called your name multiple times." He said in a lower tone.

"Sorry Dar was really focused on my book, I guess." I laughed awkwardly. "What'd ya need?"

"I was just telling you that all of us have taken showers, so if you need to get in, go do it. It's almost 10." He said.

Jesus, was it really almost 10 already? I thought to myself. This book has got me messed up.

"Yeah, sorry, I lost track of time. Let me go upstairs quickly and grab some pajamas." I said, grabbing my book and walking up the stairs.

I sat the book on the edge of my bed so I could finish it after my shower. Grabbed some clothes and walked downstairs.

"Y/nn, are you feeling okay? You have never really read before." My twin brother Sodapop asked from the couch.

"Umm yeah, we just had to read it for an essay in school." I lied, walking into the bathroom.

Time skip-
After getting out of the shower and changing, I walked to my room. Eager to finish the book. When I opened my door, I noticed the book was missing.

"Shit," I cursed out loud, walking down the stairs, trying not to look guilty.

As I walked into the living room, I saw Darry sitting in his armchair with my book in his hands, Soda and Pony sat on both of the arm rests.

My face grew red against my will.

Darry was the first to speak
"Is this book yours!" He asked in a surprised tone.

I didn't answer.

"How the hell are you supposed to write an essay on THIS!" Soda shouted . His face was just about as red as mine. Ponyboy looked like he was going to be sick.

"Ummm, it's an interpreive essay?" I said, questioning myself.  I wonder how much of the book they read. Why didn't I just listen to Lydia.

______________
This was a request! If you have any requests, please comment them below!
<3