Chapter 17: New Year's resolution heist

"Huh?" Princess asked

"It wasn't quite over yet princess" wolf says.

"Why didn't you save Christmas?"

"We did but we needed something to replace our holiday heist-tacular, and it started with a ball"

"Yo, Fin Bro," Piranha said through his communications unit. "You ready to roll?"

Shark adjusted his wig and tipped his top hat gently to one side. Then he tugged at the collar of the button-up silver shirt he'd stuffed himself into. "Ready and feeling fine!" he said.

"Wearing his disguise, Shark looked just like the famous musician DJ Midnight who had been hired to spin some tunes while the shimmery New Year's Eve ball dropped down from the ballroom's ceiling right at the stroke of midnight.

"New Year's Eve," Wolf snickered as he, Snake, and Piranha casually sauntered up the steps toward the famous New Year's Eve gala. "The night where we wrap up one year and start the next with some good old-fashioned heisting."

"It felt so good to be ending the year with one final heist and this one was gonna be a big one. The plan was to steal the diamond-studded New Year's Eve ball right out from everyone's noses during the big gala.

Princess gasped, "that's right princess we were gonna steal New Year's Eve"

"This ball is worth millions, Wolf said, grinning at Snake. "When we pull this heist off, we'll definitely be celebrities in the criminal world."

Snake slithered up the stairs, heading toward the giant front doors that opened up into the glitzy ball.

"Let's do this," he said. "We get the goods and get out? There was no better party than a party that ended with a thrilling getaway chase"

Webs had already secured her position inside Shark's hat.

She and her tech were ready to roll- all that was left was to get inside and get access to the main control panel backstage.

Wolf spun around just as a long, black limo rolled up to the curb.

The door opened and out stepped Shark- looking and playing his part as DJ Midnight perfectly.

"please!" Shark said, waving his fin at the crowd of paparazzi who immediately swarmed around him.

"Please, photos are fine- but no touching."

Shark spun and bowed and posed for a few glorious minutes, until Webs reminded him from inside the giant hat, "Uh ... Shark? The point of your costume is to get us in to the party and get backstage. Not to stay out here and mug for the cameras all night."

Princess giggles. Shark sees webs on his shoulders staring at him.

"Sometimes princess shark likes to think he's a different person" webs says.