Chapter 16: Christmas miracle

Sniffling, Wolf shuffled into the lair's living room the next morning.

All his pals were slumped on the couches and chairs and floor, moaning and coughing and groaning.

"I can't believe," Wolf said, stopping to sneeze again. "That after all that--achoo-we're too sick to pull off our Holiday Heist-tacular."

"You all got sick?" Princess asked.

"Yeah, can you imagine, we had to spend Christmas morning inside and sick" wolf says.

"So the Holiday Heist-tacular had to be canceled then"

"Yeah" wolf says.

Snake whined, "How about a new tradition: No more traditions! Or holidays! Bah humbug!"

"But then noticed something in the fireplace"

Shark squinted, looking suspiciously in the direction of the fireplace. "What. Is. That?" he muttered.

"What was it?" Princess asked.

"Presents"

A pile of presents was gathered at the base of the chimney, wrapped in beautifully festive paper.

"Oh no," Webs said, her eyes growing wide. "I think they're presents."

"Like, for us?!" Piranha yelped.

Horrified, Webs nodded. 'We must have done so much good for the city, that we ended up on Santas Nice List! I'm gonna be sick."

"The shame" Shark wailed. "Not only did that beanded freak have the gills to break into our lair, he goes and gives us presents, not coal?"

Piranha cried. He leaned over to sniff a present, then perked up. "Wait--is that stinky cheese? How did he know?!"

"He's Santa, he knows everything" princess says.

"I still think it's creepy" snake says, "and how he found our hideout"

"Why is getting gifts from Santa bad?" Princess asked.

And surprisingly, wolf picks her up and puts her on his lap.

"Because we did have a Christmas miracle to change us for the better, we didn't have an angel to give us a reason of being good"

Snake grumbled, "The Bad Guys will be the laughing stock of the criminal community. I'll never be able to show my face again." He pulled down his ski mask to cover his face from the humiliation.

Wolf wiped his nose, then leapt toward the heist board. "This will not stand," he declared angrily.

"We need to start planning now. Next year, we are going to heist the North Pole and show Santa that the Bad Guys belong on the Naughty List!"

"And that is the story of how we saved Christmas" wolf finished the story.

"So what did you guys planned for that year?" Princess asked

"We couldn't plan anything"

"Why's that?"

"Because along the way, a baby was delivered to us and that baby is still the reason became good guys in the first place"