i probably just ruined her mood for the rest of the day. i want to chase after her and explain myself, but i decide to give her some time.

i shouldn't have lied to her, but at the same time, i didn't want to hurt her feelings, but it seems like i've already done that regardless.

i wait ten minutes before making my way down to the beach. i look around; it's like playing hide and seek. Everywhere i look, i can't find her.

i think about calling her name, but i don't want to look like a weirdo in front of all these people. i'm about to give up when i see two men towering over her, ambushing her with questions.

she doesn't look as if she's in danger, so i walk over calmly in a steady pace. as i get closer, i realize they're my teammates from the England's under 21's team, noni and levi.

they still haven't noticed me. i watch as noni wraps an arm around her, and her face twists into one of discomfort, but she's just too nice to tell him to get off.

i quicken my pace and swiftly but carefully pull her out of his grip into mine. she's about to push me away, but when she realizes it's me, she relaxes and smiles up at me.

"is she your girl?" noni looks between us while levi tries to stifle a laugh. she's about to say something when i quickly interrupt her.

"and so what if she is?" i challenge him. i watch as both his and levi's faces twist into a perplexed one.

"aren't you with that one girl... what's her name, maddison?" levi asks with a frown on his face. i think kiana is going to get mad, but she just starts giggling.

"whatever," i scoff, turning to walk away from them. "call me," i hear noni call out to her, and i watch as she starts blushing.

i shoot him a death stare before turning my attention back to kiana. she keeps teasing me about having a girlfriend and not saying anything until the conversation takes a deep turn.

"wait, so if you have a girlfriend, why did you ask to kiss me a few days ago?" she frowns as we step into the villa.

"i just needed some sort of release, you know?" i scratch the back of my head awkwardly. i'm not lying though; i needed to do something after weeks of not having any sexual contact.

"okay, but that's cheating," she glares at me. god, if looks could kill. "it was just a kiss; it didn't even happen anyway," i shrug, walking away into my room before she can reply.

kiana is a big girl's girl; she's probably plotting a way to kill me right now or just regretting all her actions, which were just allowing me to kiss her even though we didn't even end up kissing.

WE'RE NOW ON the plane, and obviously, kiana is still ignoring me. of course, she acts normal around our parents; otherwise, she wouldn't even bat an eyelid towards my direction.

instead of sitting next to me, she sits opposite me, wanting to make sure there's a distance between us, but that doesn't last long when the plane starts moving.

i can tell she's still terrified, but she's too stubborn to give in. "come here," i nod down at my lap; she looks up from her computer screen with a raised eyebrow.

she looks me up and down before scoffing and turning her attention back to her beloved laptop.

the pettiness of this girl is insane.

before the plane can take off, i move over to where she is and pull her into my chest. i shush her before she can complain and run my fingers through her hair.

i don't know why; it just feels right to have her body on mine, my fingers running through her hair, just being close to her.

i'm sure she's already going to be one of my closest friends when she gets over the 'cheating,' of course.

✰✰✰

"When you lie, you paint a black and white world. The shades of truth are lost.

☆★☆

Made For Each Other - Jobe BellinghamOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara