𝟬𝟬𝟰

CHAPTER 4
❝WE'RE GOING ON HOLIDAY❞

— ⋆ 𝗞𝗶𝗮𝗻𝗮 ⋆ —

YOU'RE UP EARLY❞ I hear my mom's heels clicking on our marble floor. "Yup, in a good mood," I peck her cheek as a greeting. "That's what I like to see," she says, grabbing my piece of avocado toast and placing it in her mouth.

"Mommm," I whine, preparing myself another piece of toast. "What? I've got work," she chuckles, still chewing on the food. "Yesterday was the best night of my life," she sighs in satisfaction.

"Ew, shut up. I don't want to hear it," I quickly hush her before she can continue. I know she's talking about what happened with my dad, and I can't be arsed to hear it because honestly, who wants to hear about their parents having sex?

It's a good thing that my room is on the other side of the house from theirs, and the walls are completely soundproof.

"You need to find yourself a man that knows how to please you because, woo, that was some good stuff," she exaggerates, her eyes rolling back briefly. "Okay, we get it," I grimace.

"When are you taking a break from work? I never get to see you," I sit down at the counter opposite her with my freshly made toast. "I know, baby," she looks up at me apologetically.

"I kinda forgot to tell you; we're going on holiday to Mykonos next week with Mark and Denise," she tells me. "It's just going to be the five of us, so you can do whatever you want while us grown-ups have fun," she adds.

"Finally, I need some alone time," I exhale before eating my toast. "What more alone time could you possibly need? You've been in your room for the past three weeks," she exclaims while putting her mug of coffee in the sink.

I just roll my eyes and finish my last piece of toast. "You better start packing your bags because we're leaving Friday," she tells me hurriedly, making me spit out my coffee, choking on it in the process.

So she's telling me we're going on a sort of family vacation, and I'm only told about it less than four days before? What type of organization is this?

"You said it's next week," I cough violently, trying to clear my system. "Next week, four days, what's the difference?" she shrugs as if it's nothing.

"And you tell me now?" I let out a gasp of disbelief. "You were too busy sulking; there was no way you were going to agree to come with," she reasons while grabbing her briefcase off the counter.

She does have a very reasonable point, though. There's no way in hell I was ever going to agree to going on holiday with the state I was in.

She knows me so well; after all, she is my mother.

At least I was going to be left alone over at Mykonos. I really need time for myself to reflect on everything that has happened since my first attempt failed miserably.

There's nothing better than being lost in your thoughts on the seashore while the sun peacefully sets. The light breeze blows delicately on my skin, while the serene sound of waves lapping over each other echoes in the distance.

Every breath is as fresh as ever, with the faint scent of saltwater lingering in the air.

"I have to go to work now, love. See ya," she places a short kiss on my forehead before rushing out of the house.

I know that my mom has only been giving me attention because Denise told her all about my panic attack, and it scared her.

I can tell she's become really protective and supportive of whatever I say and do, mainly because I'm pretty sure Denise exaggerated the whole situation, making it seem like I was close to death, even though it actually did feel like it.