Chapter 23 "Return Of What Was Lost"

Start from the beginning

Shigaraki scowled, he was clearly agitated by your persistence.

"You're pushing it, Y/n. Just focus on what's in front of you. We have more important things to worry about than your identity crisis." He said.

...

A long pause engulfed you both... You don't accept this... If you don't get the answers then it'll continue to hunt you... In a sudden surge of frustration and anxiety, you couldn't take it anymore. Without a second thought, you summoned your flames, shaping them into a black sword and pointed it directly at Shigaraki's neck without a second thought.

"Shigaraki, Am I y/n l/n or not... Tell me the truth or I swear, I'll carve it out of you! I won't be deceived any longer!" you angrily stated as the sword moved slightly closer to Shigaraki's neck.

Shigaraki was surprisingly calm in the face of your aggression, he then leaned back, observing you with a hint of amusement.

"Well, well. Looks like the little puppet finally snapped." he said and he crossed his legs.

"I'm not your puppet!" you shouted, the flames on the sword flickering with intensity.

"Who am I? What am I doing here? Tell me everything, or I won't hesitate to-"
"Fine," Shigaraki interrupted, his tone oddly composed.

"Just calm down will you? Jeez... " shigaraki sighed, his gaze not wavering.

"Alright you want the truth. Here's the truth, you're right, you are Y/n L/n, but you aren't exactly him." shigaraki said.

You raised an eye brow, what kind of logic is that.

"What do you mean?" You questioned.

"I meant you're Y/n L/n, But you're also Y/n Shigaraki. You're conscious is living in Y/n's body. one conscious can only exist in one body, so if two consiousness exist in one body, the one with greater control will over come the other, in short you're just a puppet living in his body while the real one is asleep. " Shigaraki explained nonchalantly.

The weight of his words hung in the air, and you felt a cold shiver run down your spine.

"Y/n L/n..." you muttered, the name tasting bitter on your lips.

Shigaraki's expression remained stoic.

"Now that you know, calm down. You're causing a scene." Shigaraki said.

The reality sank in, and the anger that fueled your actions a while back dissipated. Slowly, you lowered the sword, the flames dying out and vanished.

"Y/n L/n... " you repeated, a mix of shock and acceptance in your eyes.

Shigaraki sighed.

"Just get out. I don't have time for melodrama." Shigaraki dismissed you with a wave of his hand.

With a mixture of confusion and resignation, you apologized to Shigaraki as you left his room.

So that's the truth... You are the missing UA student Y/n L/n... Which means the familiarity you expressed through different situations... Was just a small percent of Y/n L/n's memories...

... So you're stronger then him which is why you control his body...

You looked down on your palm...

These scars, these reflexes and the other talents you never knew you had, was from another person.

You clenched youtr fist, even if this all isn't yours... You'll take it as yours.