XIV

---
Two weeks later...
---

I hear the front door open and close as I was sitting in the living room of the Grande residence, scrolling mindlessly on my phone. Joan and Majorie were out doing God knows what. I figured they had just gotten back so I didn't pay any attention to the noise.

"Guess who's back home!" I hear a familiar voice behind me as they cover my eyes with their hands. I immediately perk up.

"You never told me you were coming home," I told the smaller brunette as she came to sit beside me, putting her head on my shoulder.

"I wanted it to be a surprise. I figured you were nervous since you have to go to court tomorrow," She smiles up at me.

I sigh, "Lawyer says it's not looking good. They're tryna give me three years for possession."

She grabs my phone out of my hand, setting it on the coffee table in front of us, "Yeah, I heard."

"I fucked up real bad Ari," I grab her hand, playing with her fingers.

I am so nervous about tomorrow. I'm almost certain I'm going to jail and everyone is gonna be there to watch it unfold.

"I know baby, I know," She sits up, pulling me into a tight hug. I bury my face into her neck.

"I can't believe you all have to be here to witness me get arrested," I let out a deep breath.

"This is why I told you to come with me. I was afraid something like this would happen," I feel her fingers running through my blonde, curly hair.

"I don't think this is the right time to start saying I told you so," I say.

She stands up from the couch, crossing her arms, "Seems like the perfect time to me."

"I'm not tryna fight with you right now Ariana," I briefly close my eyes knowing where this was gonna go.

"You're just so fucking stupid Jay," She runs her hands over her face in frustration.

"Does my word mean nothing to you anymore?" I ask her, "I don't wanna fight with you."

"I don't care what you want right now!" She raises her voice, "You don't ever think about how anyone else feels before you start involving yourself into things like this."

"What did you expect me to do Ariana?" I stand up, pointing a finger in her face, "I can literally die for leaving."

"You're gonna die if you keep doing it! What are you not understanding here?" She gently pushes me back.

"No, what are you not understanding?" I step back up to her, towering over her as she's looking up at me.

"I understand the fact that I'm possibly not gonna see you for three fucking years," Her face reddens from anger.

"And you don't think I understand as well? I'm fucking living with this shit. If I go to prison, it's over for me. That's a permanent record that can't be erased," I turn away from her, grabbing my car keys off the table, "I'm going out."

"Jayce Dallas Garcia, don't you dare fucking walk away from me," She calls after me, trailing behind me as I walk out of the front door.

"Looks like I'm doing it," I shrug, unlocking my car. As I go to open the driver side door, she slams it shut.

"You're not going anywhere until we finish this. So, get your ass back in the house before I fucking drag you in myself," She speaks with her teeth clenched tightly together.

"Watch me," I speak lowly, trying to move her aside gently but she doesn't budge.

"You—You're so fucking—Fuck!" She pushes me, my back slamming against the car door, "Why the fuck do you do this to me?"

"What are you talking about Ariana?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"You make stupid decisions when you know I fucking love you. It's like you're trying to hurt me at this point," She pushes me once more.

"Ariana, don't fucking push me again," I warn.

"Or what, Jayce?" She pushes her finger into my chest, "What the fuck are you gonna do?"

"I'm gonna walk away from you before I say something I'll regret later," I toss the keys at her, moving her aside as I walk back up to the house and up the stairs to my old room.

A few moments later, I hear the door slam and the sound of keys hitting a table.

I don't understand why she's so upset with me about this. It's already bad enough that this is something on my mind, but to hear it from her is a different type of pain.

She has every right to be upset but that doesn't mean I would like her to be. I've already accepted my fate. It's a only a matter of time before I have to walk through those doors and face a judge.

You would think she would want to spend the rest of the time we do have together doing anything but argue. But no, Ariana just has to give me of piece of her mind.

This is the exact reason why I told her we couldn't work out. She knows what I do. She's been knowing about this shit since we were thirteen.

Given what her father went through, you would think she would understand that I can't just simply leave. There's a lot more steps that goes into me getting out of this shit.

There was then a knock on my door, breaking me out of my thoughts. I stand up from my bed to open the door and guess who it was... Ariana.

"You weren't done yelling at me or something?" I joke, letting her in the room.

"I know, I'm sorry. I let my anger get the best of me, She apologizes, "I'm just really fucking scared right now."

I pull her into a hug, her body immediately melting into mine, "We're gonna be okay, Moonlight."

"How can you be so sure?" She looks up at me. I can see the hurt and frustration through her eyes.

"I'm not but all I know is we're gonna get through this like everything else we've been through this month," I gently rub the small of her back, "I'll do whatever it takes to make it up to you."

---