Chapter 12: All is Lost

Start from the beginning

Olive's jaw clenched, a silent promise of defiance. "Whatever you're imagining won't break me. Vi and I—we're partners, nothing more."

Sevika chuckled, her fingers tracing a maddening pattern on Olive's arm. "Partners, hm? I've seen the way she looks at you, talks to you, and it's not just friendly banter. There's a story there, and I'm itching to hear it. You forget that we have eyes everywhere."

Olive, despite the torment that ripped at her already aching heartstrings, remained resilient. Sevika's attempts to exploit the romantic tension between her and Vi were met with stubborn resistance. "There's nothing there, believe me," she retorted through gritted teeth.

Sevika ignored her denial, continuing her taunting. "You think Vi cares about you? She left you alone in this hellhole. Quite the fairy tale romance you've got going," Sevika sneered, her words cutting through the air.

"What? Are you trying to break me down? Leave me screaming for help, begging for her to come save me?" Olive spat back, holding back the tears that burned at the back of her eyes. "It won't work. She won't come, and you won't get whatever you want from her. Or me." Olive's eyes burned into Sevika's with a passion she hadn't felt in a long time.

Sevika's laughter echoed in the cold cell. "Oh, sweetheart, you're so naive. This isn't a rescue mission, even if we wanted it to be. It's a wake-up call for Piltover and a nightmare for you." With a grimace, Sevika's hand suddenly moved from Olive's chin to a vice grip on her neck. "Now why don't we actually get started, shall we?"

With a sudden shove, Olive was sprawling on the floor, her back hitting the ground with a thud. She reeled for a second before scrambling back, trying to get away from Sevika's hulking form that was steadily approaching her. Sevika let out a low chuckle as she watched Olive, tracking her every move.

"Aww, scared, are we? Don't worry, pet," Sevika leaned down to Olive's eye level, her voice lowering to a whisper. "I won't hurt you. Nothing lasting, anyways." With that, her hand curled around Olive's hair and yanked, hard. "Now stand up," she growled, voice suddenly rising in volume. Olive was forced to follow her hand, standing with Sevika while her scalped screamed in pain. The only sound that left Olive's mouth was a muffled whimper through gritted teeth. All Sevika did in response was laugh sadistically.

The specifics of what Sevika did to her became a blur in Olive's memory. Her skin burned from shallow cuts and slices, sharp pains and blunt aches from kicks and hits. She could feel parts of her crack and bruises start to form, but barely even fought back. The last few weeks had been torture enough for her - she didn't have the energy or will to keep fighting now. The only times she remembered to protest were the moments when Sevika would slow, filthily scanning her body as she stood above her or softening her touch as she gripped Olive's arm, or neck. These were the moments when Olive would kick her back or spit in her face, shoving herself away until her back would slam into one of the cold stone walls. Sevika would scoff or laugh and roll her eyes, continuing like nothing happened. Eventually, Olive's consciousness started to flicker in and out as her body ached more and more. Seemingly satisfied by this, Sevika uttered only a triumphant grunt before leaving the cell and slamming the door behind her, locking it as she went. Olive accepted unconsciousness readily, desperate for an escape from the nightmare that her life had become.

The Undercity embraced Caitlyn with its oppressive atmosphere, a stark contrast to the polished halls of Piltover. She navigated the twisted alleys with cautious steps, her eyes scanning the dark corners for any sign of her missing friends. The Undercity, always unpredictable, seemed to stretch endlessly before her. With every passing moment, her worry deepened. Caitlyn's quest led her through the tangled web of clandestine paths and dimly lit hideouts. She inquired about Vi, about Olive, but received only furtive glances and cryptic warnings in return. The Undercity had its own language—one Caitlyn was only beginning to decipher. Eventually, she stumbled upon a murky establishment where whispers of a recent scuffle at The Last Drop reached her ears. A chill ran down Caitlyn's spine. Something wasn't right. The air in the Undercity crackled with tension, and Caitlyn's instincts told her that she was treading on dangerous ground.