04

The next day (obviously)

I sit in class, earlier than everyone, it's nice to be early since the school is quiet and everything. I read the new romance novel I started yesterday. It's a friends to lovers trope which I like the most.

Enemies to lovers is the worst. Their only reasoning is "they see their enemy's worst side and absolutely despise it and then love them when they finally see each other's good side",which happens after a slow burn which is shit. Starting off on the wrong foot always ends bad. Practically speaking. Whereas, friends to lovers is so cute and builds up tension and bonding. They way they're shy and admiring silently when the other is close..even if its mostly slow burn, its cute. (The hypocrisy..)

My chair suddenly gets pushed a little making me get out of my trance on the romantic scene in the book. Who the-

There stands Ethan Laufer with a pissed off face, glaring at me as he sits on his seat next to me. Its 7 in the morning and I'm being glared at already.. (And I'm just like damn..its 7am..- ok nvm)

I roll my eyes and go back to the book as he starts smoking, knowing it pisses me off, the smoke flies around in my general direction which I ignore till the teacher arrives.

After two tiring periods of this jerk being a pain in the ass, I run for my life with Lyla towards the cafeteria to avoid him and his salty ass glare. If I don't get the caffeine in my system, I'm gonna go insane and probably bite Ethan's head off.

I grab the coffee and lunch and sit with Lyla and Luke as they go all lovebirds next to me, so I pull up the novel again and continue reading while picking on my lunch. Romance novels are definitely my weakness. Because I'm literally blushing and getting giddy from comprehending these literal words printed on paper.

The book suddenly gets pulled out my hands as my cold coffee gets poured on my head as it runs down my eyesight. The literal ice running down on me as I look up and see Ethan smirking down at me with my book held in the air. I stand up as he pushes me to sit down and leans down to my face, inches away as I continue glaring into his eyes. I could hear gasps and clicks of mobile phone cams, making me more mad.

"Ethan, what the actual fu-" before I could go off on his ass, he puts his index finger on my mouth, shushing me for which I return a glare, it didn't bother him, ofcourse. I roll my eyes and before I could speak, he does.

"Doll, it's just payback. Let's not argue. I might humiliate your ass infront of all these audience once again but verbally. So shut" He says, whispering harshly through gritted teeth. I look away from his cold glare as I roll my eyes again.

He sits down on the bench, legs on either side as usual. "Never knew you read fiction? romance, on top of it. I'm guessing you're one of those hopeless romantics? Bet $100 you'll stay hopeless without the romance for the rest of your life." He says smirking as he chuckles at his own words as if I'm not sitting there covered in iced coffee and fuming. Narcissist.

"Watch me ruin this oh so perfect life of yours, prez. I'll watch you burn." He whispers harshly again and sets the book down, he then leaves with my untouched lunch plate as I sigh and go to change into some other clothes as Lyla follows me to help me.

"Do you need me to get lunch or coffee? Did you bring any other money, girl?" Lyla asks as she holds my coffee drenched skirt and top. I change into my spare sweatpants and a hoodie.

"Its alright, my classes are over for the day since two teachers are absent...., just tell Luke I'm going home early." I say and sigh. Annoying. This day couldn't get any more worse. Goshh..

"Maya Flores. Report to the principal's room" The speakers above the lockers announce as I groan. The day could get more worse I guess.. I step out the restroom and run up to the principal's office while tying my hair up in a high ponytail. I walk into the principal's office and greet the principal as he looks me up and down, judging. Who wouldn't.

"Okay that's a boring and lazy attire for a student council president but I'll let it slide. Apparantly, There's people in the restricted area...smoking.. would you see the problem tomorrow and might as well confiscate the belongings. It is probably Ethan Laufer so...don't be too rude. You may leave." The principal finishes not letting me have a word so I nod and leave, reaching home by an Uber. I see my father in the living room, almost as if waiting for me. And the day got even worse...probably the worst day ever.

"You got home early, maya." He starts, several pictures and my laptop on the table in front of him. Shit..

.

.

.

.

Well that's one long chapter...I feel like its dragging but we love slow burn don't we? 😏

Should I do his POV too?