Misunderstanding And Communications

Unedited chapter. Please be aware of the grammatical errors ⚠️
              _----------------------

Ananya doesn't know why she is feeling something is wrong. Maybe she has been so happy lately, she has never been happy without something bad happening to her later. On top of that, her right eye is twitching. the memories of her grandma abruptly flash through her eyes, she advises her that if a woman's right eye twitches that indicates something bad will happen to them.

Even though she knows it's just superstition, deep inside she feels like something is wrong. Something bad is going to happen. She felt her mouth go dry. Forcing herself to relax she got out of the car once it came to a halt in front of her house.

After taking a deep breath Ananya walked inside the house with wary steps. A frown married her forehead as she did not see Bhoomi ammal anywhere. "Where did she go? Maybe she went home early today" Shrugging her shoulder she climbed the stairs to her room.

"Maybe she wasn't feeling well. Or maybe there was an emergency. It's not like she can't leave early" mumbling to herself as she walked into her bedroom only to cry out in fear when saw a figure sitting on her study chair. She stumbled towards the switch to turn on the light. A sigh of relief left her when recognized the figure sitting in her bedroom.

"Rudra? What are you doing here? Why are you sitting in the darkness?" she asked walking close to him but came to a halt when she saw his rage-filled face, his hands clenched into tight fists. It seems he is truly holding back his wrath.

He stood up abruptly -startling her- only to glare at her. If it was someone else in Ananya's place then they would have run for the hills. But Annaya didn't budge because she trusted him, she trusted that he would never hurt her.

"Why Ananya? Why?" his ambiguous question made her more confused than anything. She expected him to yell at her but his voice came out as weak as if he was emotionally exhausted. "Why are you doing this to me Ananya?"

"What did I do? What happened?" she lifted her hand to touch his upper arm but he stepped back avoiding her touch.

"So you don't know what happened?" he asked. His voice was laced with anger and disappointment.

"Enough Rudra. Stop brushing around the bush. I know haven't done anything wrong so whatever it is, it's a misunderstanding so be an adult and communicate with me" she said in a calm and collected voice which made him snort at her.

He pulled out a mail from the inner pocket of his suit and thrust it towards her. She grabbed it and looked at it with confusion and pulled out its context. Ananya became more perplexed as she looked at pictures of Pranav and her.

"So what about it?" she asked feigning indifference.

But inside she was in turmoil. Someone was following her and shot pictures of her spending time with her friends but they cropped Renuka out of the picture to make it look like she and Pranav were on a date. And the last picture of them was photoshopped, whoever had done this deliberately erased other people in the photo and made it look like Pranav feeding her something during their supposed 'date'.

And to think someone was following and taking photos of her without her consent was disturbing, to say the least. She felt violated.

"So what? Is that all you come up with huh? So you gonna play like it's not a big deal?" he lashes out at her. His jaw clenched as he glared at her. Ananya was getting agitated by his behavior.

"So it won't be a big deal if you saw the pictures of Anjali and me going on dates and laughing and enjoying time together like couples, right?"

"Well, I didn't fucked Pranav as you did with her!" she yelled "Pranav and I are childhood friends. There is nothing wrong with us spending time with each other. If you can go abroad with her and do business with her then I can spend time with my friend who I grew up with!"