Chapter 4: Wubin's Mansion

In the dimly lit underground basement of the Wubin's grand mansion, the current CEO of Wubin Food Industry and also one of the member of Ramirez Partnership, the father of two sons, Mr. Donniseo Wubin, had stood tall, his voice reverberating with authority.
"Kailan ka ba matututo!", with each word that left his lips, he imparted a stern lecture to his second son, his gestures commanding attention. Kneeling on a bed of salt intensified the second son's awareness of his transgressions. "Wala kayong ibinigay sa'kin kundi ipahiya ako sa lahat", while the rhythmic paddling on his thighs served as a physical reminder of the consequences of his actions. The second son, Vaughn Riley, had nothing to do. He just growl the pain as the lecture continued. The father, determined to leave a lasting impact, placed a towel that carried the tang of vinegar on his second son, a symbol of punishment meant to linger in his memory. Then lastly, a punch in the face makes the second son unconscious that cause a big thud on the floor. The father stands still and uttered, "All of Catherine's son are such pain in the ass". He leaves with no looking back as he wiped himself with his folded handkerchief from his pocket.

Without noticing, the first son, the headline of the scandal dating an adult actress, Carlaus Vinst, saw the entire commotion in the basement. As he keep himself in the shadow, knowing his father already left, he quickly step-out and check his younger brother unconscious on the floor. He quickly check his brother's pulse and breathing, and luckily it is still alive. He then manage to carry his brother from his back and leave.

As they're now in the hallway, the second son regains conscious. "Are you going to toss me in the water well?", he uttered. "Lucky for you, we don't have it in the mansion", the first son replies as he smiled, "Mabuti at nagising ka pa". "Between the two of us, I'm the tough one, remember?", the second son bragged. "Ok. Then maybe I'll put you down. I think you can be able to walk", the first son jokingly said then the second son tightly grip as he hold to his older brother. "Just carry me for now. Mga ilang hakbang pa", the second son persuaded. The older brother then let his younger brother be carried on his back.

"Hey Riley. Tell me what did you today to make father that angry at you" the first son asked. It went silent for awhile before the second son speaks, "I... I... didn't tell  him that I failed to.... proceed... in... graduating. He went to the venue..... finely dressed. But my name didn't called. He got fought to the teacher and...... made a commotion in the teacher's office and.... found out that I skipped the..... final exam and.... didn't pass my research", he saddened. "Trouble maker", uttered the older brother. "We both are Mr. Carlaus. You made a commotion while it's the grand opening of the Rhombus Mall of Ramirez Partnership. Great scandal though. So are you really planning to married that adult actress? ", Riley asked  as they are nearer in his room. " Maybe", Carlaus said as he puts down Riley slowly in Riley's bed. "Disgusting. Do you even know how many boys she slept with. It can't even be count by hands and feet", Riley said as tries to sit. "That's what they said. But she's different, Riley", Carlaus defended as finds the first-aid kit in Riley's room. "Pinapaikot ka lang niya. She might have an innocent face but she's a devil succubus", Riley said it frankly as Carlaus felt offended. "Treat yourself on your own", Carlaus said as he slammed the first-aid into the side table of the bed and immediately leave. Riley just sigh and open the first -aid box and treat himself, to the bruises and wounds he had from his father punishments.

Later, Riley lied in bed and make comfort for his own. He suddenly felt in need as he curled up in bed. He missed someone. The caress of someone's hand that can wipe his pain away. "Mama", he suddenly uttered. He began to sob and cries as he misses his mom. He doesn't know where his mom was right now. He was just a kid since the last time he saw his mom before his mom leaves the mansion. All he remembered was every before bedtime, his mother will hum a song for him to sleep. A beautiful melody that he always remember. He then hum the melody he remembers. He felt ease and unknowingly he fall asleep.