By his face, I can tell he knows I'm putting off the fact that I need time to figure everything out, but thankfully he doesn't comment on it. "Okay," he nods. "Well, you better do it soon, otherwise someone else is going to make a move on her, and you're going to lose her over a stupid fight." He's silent for a moment, and then nods to himself, "I'm going to get dressed, I'll be down in a second, and we can go to the arena for a while." I nod, and he runs up the stairs.

        The moment his bedroom door slams closed, the front door slams open. "I know. He was totally hot. I can't believe you agreed to meet him!" Ivy's voice flows into the living room, and her words make my ears perk up. "You're going to look so hot tonight! We're going to curl your hair, do your make-up, and you'll wear that ne-" Her words stop, and her eyes widen when they land on me, "Oh, hi Holland. I didn- we didn't know you were here." She states, and I nod.

        A date. She has a date tonight. Three nights after we broke up. "I was just leaving," I lie, and she nods. "Tell Wren to meet me at the arena. I gotta go." I say, and run out of the room.  Was it childish? Maybe. Am I hurt? I really am. It's been three fucking days, and she agreed to go out with the first person who asked her. I haven't even looked at another woman since I met Oaklynn.

        The moment I am in my truck, I turn on the ignition, and peel out of the driveway. As I make my way to the arena, music is blasting, and my heart beat picks up. The angry song that was playing fades out, and a new song plays. This one more depressing. "Mother fucker!" I yell, slapping the steering wheel. This sucks. This really fuciking sucks. And it really fucking hurts.

        What was supposed to be a ten minute drive is actually a five. As my car is badly parked in a spot, I cut the ignition, and speed walk into the arena. I wave hello to people who acknowledge my presents, and head straight for the locker room. Pushing open the door, it slams against the wall, and Kane's eyes meet mine. "She's going out on a date. It's been three damn days, and she's going out on a date!" I yell, and Kane eyes me weirdly.

        "Calm. Breathe," he says and takes a deep breath in, which I also do. "Good, now tell me what's going on." I nod, and start telling him everything that happened. Minus the fact that Wren was doing naked yoga. When I finish telling him what happened, he nods, "So they said she has a date?" I nod. "I have a secret to confess, and the only reason I haven't told you this already is because you didn't know about it yet. Umm, Oaklynn doesn't have a date. It's just something they say so you'll avoid her."

        That I wasn't expecting. I was expecting him to say he asked her out, I was expecting him to tell me who asked her out, or hell even where they were going. The secret I was expecting was tiny, this a fucking bomb. "You mean that they made this up so I'd not try anything?" I question, and he shakes his head no.

        "No man, I mean she says it because she knows it'll hurt you. Her whole elaborate plan is to make you feel how she did, and also a plus for her is she knows you'll avoid her if she says things like that." He adds, and I roll my eyes.

        I give Oaklynn a lot of credit. She does know me better than everyone, and she knows that if she doesn't say these things I'd try to talk to her and start winning her back. This is for the best right now. "So it was a lie for me to avoid her? That's both smart as fuck, and also it pisses me off." I tell him, and he nods.

        "She's only doing it because she doesn't want to talk to you because she knows that if she does then she'll forgive you. It's in our gr-" he pauses, "never mind. You're not in this one. Sorry." He winces, and I nod.

        Even though he admitted they have their own group chat, I think about the fact he said she can't talk to me because she'll forgive me. Just because I know that information doesn't mean that I'll force her to talk to me, but it kind of does mean that I'll force her to talk to me. It'll be a step closer to executing the plan I have.

       I grin over at Kane, "She'll forgive me if I talk to her?" I quiz, and he rolls his eyes.

       "I knew your head was huge, but this is unnecessary. You can't force her to talk to you. And there is no way I'll allow you to abuse the information I have let slip out of me. Everything you heard today was meant to be classified." Kane rambles on about how I have to keep this information to myself, and yada yada yada. I stopped listening after he said the word classified.

        The only thing I'm getting out of this conversation is the fact that I can get my plan moving faster by forcing her to talk to me, that I have to keep the fact I know any of this a secret, and also the fact that she has no interest in going out with anyone else anytime soon. "I'm going to the gym." I tell him, and walk away before he can say anything else.

        When I get into the gym, Wren is sitting on one for the benches, checking his watch. "About time you show up. Where the hell have you been?" He questions, and I nearly explode with all the information I had just learned from Kane. "So, what are you going to do? I'm pretty sure I already know what's going through your head, but I want all the dirty little details."

        I grin at him, and tell him everything that I'm planning on doing. Wren listens intently, adding input where he feels is needed to make the plan perfect. As we make the plan perfect, the gym starts to fill up with some of our hockey mates, and as much as they try to not listen, you can tell that they are. At the end of our conversation, half of the locker room is fully on board with the plan, and have put most of their input into said plan.

        "Thank you guys so much for your input. I'll be taken into consideration, and some will be added to the plan. And for the love of all things good and holy, keep your mouths shut. Do not mention this to anyone." Wren tells them, and they nod. He turns towards me with an evil grin, "We have a plan to spice up and get it into shape, so let's get out of here and get it set up."

        I roll my eyes at him, but agree that there are new ideas that need to be added to the list, so we head back home.
———————

Hey loves! How are you?NEXT UPDATE: 11/24/23

NEXT UPDATE: 11/24/23