Chapter 26

Janet

So...we have decided just to get a divorce given our current situation. Things just can't seem to change or get any better. This was all bound to happen.

Maybe this all was never meant to be in the first place. All the issues we've come across. Why didn't I just let this thing go? It would've spared us so much time.

All I hope for now is a painless process and Elijah to understand why this is happening.

Other than that, I'm alright.

On the other hand....

I'm jp...but I really should've tbh🙄

Janet

"So he'll probably be able to get a bond, right?" I asked my lawyer over the phone.

"Yes, most likely. This should all be over pretty soon, but I'll be going there later today." She said.

I let out a sigh of relief. "Alright, call me when you're on your way so I can meet you there."

"I will,"

I took the phone from my ear and hung up.

I'm going to do everything I can to get Armon out of there as soon as possible. This whole thing isn't really his fault, and honestly, he didn't do anything he shouldn't have done. He shouldn't be in there in the first place. It's obvious he was just defending someone, so why is he still in there?

I turned off my phone and walked back into the room to see Elijah looking at his face through his phone camera. When he came back from getting his stitches, he went to sleep, so this is his first time seeing himself.

"My girl not goin want me no more after this." He said, turning his head.

I side eyed him. "Yo girl?" I asked. "And who would that be?"

He shook his head. "You know what? These meds got me talking crazy; you can forget that."

"Yeah, well, we'll come back to that when you get off of them," Toni added.

Most definitely.

It's a pretty big scar on the side of his face, from about the top of his ear, through his cheek, down to the bottom of his jaw. The one on the back of his shoulder makes him unable to move it, but they said they won't know if it's really damaged until later on in the healing process. I really hope it's not.

The first question he had was about football, and the doctor honestly told him that it would take time. Quite possibly a while, because of how long it'll take for such a deep wound to heal. Obviously, that's not what he wanted to hear, but at least they were straight with him.

He put his phone down and rubbed his eyes. "When do we leave?" He asked.

"They gotta order the meds and schedule you some follow up appointments, so probably in another couple hours."

He pulled his blanket up. "Well then, I'm going back to sleep." He said, closing his eyes.

I laughed. "Ok, you do that."