I Love You

November 14, 2023

I love you.

I love you. I love you unconsciously. I love you in my dreams. I love you when I'm wide awake on a Friday morning.

I love you.

I love you unconditionally with no requirements at all. I love you with my smiles, and thank yous and pleased. I love you with every giggle to escape the cage that is my throat. I love you with every inhale and exhale that I breath every second of the day.

I loved you the even through my ignorance. I loved you when I did not even know it. I loved you even when the word I was looking for was love. I loved you even when what was actually love I called being "just my best friend." I knew I loved you when I realized that what I was feeling was falling or already being in love. I realized I loved you when I was listening to every single word you spoke and being utterly fascinated with your eyes and how many blues they seemed to hold.

I loved you when you spoke or even looked in my direction. I loved you all those mornings in the school courtyard freshmen year. I love you even now that we're in our junior year.

I love you. I don't believe I will ever stop truly loving you.

Oh god how I love you.

I love you when you speak gently to me or when you're making jokes. I love you when we're cuddled up on the couch. I love you when you whisper the sweetest of things in my ear. I love you when you bite me when being playful or when you accidentally make me cry.

I love you.

I love you through the arguments. I love you on the bad days. I love you when your in your head. I love you through the anxiety. I love you even with your temper. I love you through the bad. Edgar Allen Poe wrote, "Tell me every terrible thing you ever did and let me love you anyway."

I love you.

My heart will always love you. If love were a choice then my choice would be you a million times over. If I could give you the world I'd give it to you on one knee. If storms were crashing in your head then I would be your sunshine. And if those storm clouds represented how you see yourself then, my Love, I would be the Sun and shine through every molecule of their being to make your day brighter.
Achilles once said, "I would recognize you in total darkness were you mute an I death; I would recognize you in another lifetime entirely, in different bodies, different times; and I would love you in all of this, until the very last star of the sky burnt out into oblivion."

I love you. You are my one and only. My heart yearns for you and only you alone.