XX. The Grim Reaper's Waltz

Death

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Death.

Death, an eternal companion in the tapestry of life, an unceasing presence both in the mortal realm and beyond. It lingers in the shadows, an inevitable force guiding existence from birth until the final breath.

Death, not merely an end but a transition, a passage to an unknown realm beyond mortal comprehension. It weaves itself into the fabric of our lives, a silent witness to every joy, every sorrow, and every moment in between.

And when life fades into the unknown, death becomes an eternal companion, shrouded in mystery and eternity, a silent guide into the unknown.

In the bustling activity of getting the cars inside the yard, a subtle tension hangs in the air between Madeleine and both Daryl and her father. Madeleine seems to be purposefully keeping her distance, not offering help to Daryl as she usually would. However, despite the underlying tension, both Daryl and Carol continue their tasks without making a fuss about Madeleines' reluctance to assist. The unspoken tension remains palpable, though, as they work on getting the cars safely into the yard.

"Alright, let's get the other cars in. We'll park 'em in the west entry of the yard." Rick orders, pointing toward the west entry of the prison.

"Good. Our vehicles camped out there look like a giant "vacancy" sign!" Daryl points out, making a move to walk toward the car, locking eyes on Madeleine's figure for a second, but she keeps ignoring his whole existence.

"After that, we need to load up these corpses so we can burn them." Rick instructs, the women sighing since they'll have to drag the corpses out together again.

"It's gonna be a long day..." T-Dog trails off.

Madeleine mumbles, "Like usual."

Carol approaches the group as Daryl walks back over to them. "Where's Glenn and Maggie? We could use some help."

Daryl indicates with his head toward the tower,"Up in the guard tower."

Rick narrows his eyes at Daryl's words, "Guard tower? They were just up there last night!"

They all look at the top of the guard tower with realisation washing over them and disgust, Madeleine holding a smirk.

"Love birds! Time to get back to work." Madeleine calls out, blocking the gaze of the sun with her hand.

After a few seconds, a door clicks and Glenn comes out of the tower with he no shirt and he's rushing to button up his pants.

"Hey! What's up guys?"

The others laugh at the sight of Glenn, the man growing embarrassed by having been caught with his girl.

"You comin'?" Daryl retorts, a playful glint in his tone.

Glenn's eyes widen, "What?"

They group continues laughing at his expression, Madeleine smirking at her friend."You comin'? Come on, we could really use a hand! Get down." Madeleine taunts, feeling a stare burning the side of her face, but she pays no attention to the man who's stare belongs to.