memories that aren't mine.

"DID YOU EVEN CARE ABOUT OUR CHILDREN?!"  Matthew sighs as he can still hear their parents fighting all the way to Lewis's room, "they're not gonna stop loving each other are they? They won't separate us will they?" Mark asks as he has his arm around his younger brother's back protectively. "Of course they won't Mark, And I won't let them separate us I promise"

Mark knew he was lying but even so he believes his twin's words, even though he knew it was an empty one. "Children..?" They hear their father's voice from the other side of the door. Matthew opens the door and Henry immediately goes down to his level and hugs him, "Matthew, I'm sorry.." Matthew was confused but he hopes it wasn't what he was thinking. "Dad, What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Henry stands back up and wipes his tears away before taking Matthew's wrist and leads him to the living room where his mother was standing and giving him a smile, something was wrong. Their mother never smiled. "Dad..?"  Henry just let go of his wrist and gently pushes him forwards to his mother who immediately hugged him. This was weird and uncomfortable, his mother never showed affection to him or Mark. She was always mean and hit them.

"You're staying with me now darling, aren't you happy?" His mother says and Matthew backs a few steps before speaking, "b- but Mark is coming with us right?" Matthew asks almost pleading her to let his twin come with them. "I'm sorry dear but he can't, he has to stay here with your dad.."  Matthew felt like he's whole world stopped, No, he wasn't supposed to be separated from his twin, he promised Mark.

"But-" his mother cut him off before he could even protest, "no, the decision is final come on lets leave this place." His mother says as she starts dragging him to her car, before Mark can even stop their mother he was held back by their father who has a look full of guilt.

"MATTHEW!"

--×--
Matt's eyes snaps open and he immediately sits up wondering what all that dream was about, maybe it was what this timeline is like?.. seems like there's more into this universe than he thought. He buried his face in his hands before noticing cuts in his wrist making him gasped in shock.

'What the hell?'