3

CHAPTER THREE"new world, new me"

CHAPTER THREE
"new world, new me"

-𝙀𝙉𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙉𝙏𝙀𝘿 𝙁𝙊𝙍𝙀𝙎𝙏-
𝙊𝙉𝙀 𝙔𝙀𝘼𝙍 𝘼𝙂𝙊

𝑵𝑬𝑾𝑺 𝑸𝑼𝑰𝑪𝑲𝑳𝒀 𝑺𝑷𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑫 𝑨𝑩𝑶𝑼𝑻 the King's ball to be held in two weeks. It even reached the ears of Ella's stepfamily before she could even tell them.

The girls were in a frenzy by the time Ella made it home. As soon as she made it past the front doors, she was dragged around the house by Drizella and Anastasia.

They were instructing her on what to tell the seamstress to make for their ball gowns.

"And make sure mine's pink! Very pink!" Anastasia says.

"Make mine yellow! Super yellow!" Drizella says.

"Got it. Anything else?" Ella asks. It was a question she was sure to regret, because Anastasia and Drizella listed off hundreds of details they wanted on their dresses.

Both were incredibly similar to each other. The girls finally left Ella alone to go to the common room to practice singing and piano.

Ella rushed out of the house and mounted her horse, hurrying to reach the seamstress before she had a line out of her door. Thankfully she was there just as the seamstress opened up her shop.

"Ella! How nice it is to see you," The woman greeted upon her arrival, smiling as Ella walked up to the counter.

"Anything for you today? A new dress for the ball?" She continued. Ella shook her head, then repeated the instructions her stepsisters gave her.

She paid with the money her stepmother gave her, then left in a hurry before the seamstress's shop was overcrowded with women. Ella rode her horse home as quickly as she could to complete the tasks her stepmother had given her for the day.

Surprisingly, it wasn't that much. Was Lady Tremaine finally allowing her some free time? Unfortunately, Ella was wrong. Her stepmother wanted her to spend the next few days at the castle, stating—

"—How else are we supposed to pay for the coach? Our dresses?" Lady Tremaine asks.

"But I thought what you gave me was enough?" Ella asks, confusion smeared on her face.

"Of course it was, but we need more money to live! Now go or you'll face consequences!"

Lady Tremaine ushers her stepdaughter out of the house and into the stables before slamming the door shut, making sure to lock it from the inside.

Ella sighs and makes her way into the horse stables. She hauls some supplies on to the animal before mounting on it herself, taking a deep breath in before riding away from her home.