Embracing The Winds of Woe (1)

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

In the dimly lit school hallway, Wednesday and Raven Addams stood side by side. Wednesday, with her somber expression and dark attire, wore a plain black dress with a white collar, her two black braids framing her pale face. Beside her, Raven, her black hair cascading in waves over her shoulders, adorned by a long black leather jacket that complemented her dark lace dress.

Wednesday's voice dripped with cynicism as she spoke, her words laced with a touch of macabre humor. "I'm not sure whose twisted idea it was to put hundreds of adolescents in an underfunded school run by people whose dreams died long ago, but I admire the sadism."

Raven's lips curled into a sly smile as her eyes gleamed with mischief. "I admire the bleakness of the walls," she replied, her voice carrying a hint of amusement, "and how decaying the architecture has become."

Their attention was suddenly drawn to a commotion nearby, where a group of students had gathered around a locker. Muffled cries echoed from within, prompting Wednesday and Raven to approach, their curiosity piqued.

As the twins drew near, the other students scattered, leaving Wednesday and Raven alone with the locker. With a swift motion, they opened it, revealing their younger brother, Pugsley, confined within its claustrophobic space. Pugsley's arms were bound by rope, and an apple had been callously shoved into his mouth.

Without hesitation, Wednesday reached in and yanked the apple from Pugsley's mouth, freeing him from its oppressive grip. Raven, her eyes narrowing, demanded answers from their younger sibling. "We want names, Pugsley," she said darkly.

Pugsley stammered in response, his voice trembling with fear. "I... I honestly don't know. It happened fast!"

Wednesday's chilling demeanor softened, a rare moment of tenderness slipping through her typically stoic facade. "Pull it together, Pugsley," she advised firmly. "Emotions make you weak."

As Wednesday gripped Pugsley's shoulders, her head suddenly snapped back, her eyes unfocused as if she were lost in a trance. A vision washed over her, revealing three teenage boys grabbing hold of Pugsley, tying him up, and shoving him into the very locker they had just opened. The words "Water Polo Gods" emblazoned on their varsity jackets.

Raven's eyes widened in recognition. "Is it happening again, Wednesday?" she asked.

As Pugsley's desperate plea hung in the air, Wednesday and Raven continued their journey toward the school's pool. But Raven abruptly halted, causing Wednesday to pause as well. The twins exchanged a knowing glance, a silent agreement passing between them.

Raven's voice dripped with a dark tone as she spoke, her eyes gleaming with a mischievous glint. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" she asked, her words hinting at a diabolical plan forming in her mind.

Wednesday's lips twitched for a moment, a ghost of a smirk dancing across her face. "Piranhas in the pool?" she suggested, her voice filled with wicked delight.