2

As soon as I arrived at the station I barged into the chief's room. There I saw Hanul talking to the chief. The chief slowly got up from his chair in shock.

"Detective Go..." He said.

"Where is the CCTV footage?" I demanded pushing Hanul out of my way.

"About that, I've decided to hand this case over to Hanul for the time being," He responded while Hanul gave me a cheeky smile.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean it seems as if he could uncover this case better than you can... Also, there are a lot of women's injustice cases that you could cover."

"I've worked on this case for 8 months and now you're just handing it over!"

He smiled at me nodding his head and sitting back in his seat. Hanul approached me leaning closer to me and put his hand on my shoulder. "Maybe don't try so hard next time," he whispered before walking off. There was nothing I hated more in the world than him. In frustration, I went to my desk and messed with my pen. I thought of all the clues I'd gathered about the case and tried to connect the dots. Still, only one or two things added up: Kim Junho's disappearance in December and the CCTV footage of someone following him home. Thinking back to the footage of Dusik's latest appearance it didn't add up why he was there forty minutes before the temple opened and that he was carrying something to the temple.

"Excuse me, are you Detective Go?" Someone in the distance said.

I looked up noticing a young man holding a box of stuff. "Yes," I responded dropping my pen.

"Hello, my name is Cho Jiwoo." He gave a deep bow while introducing himself. Smiling he looked around my desk. "By the way where are the others? I thought you were supposed to have a team?"

"Oh yeah, nobody joined my team,"

"Where do I put my stuff?"

"Wherever you're not disturbing anyone,"

He placed his stuff down and unpacked his things. I opened my notebook adding more notes from the crime scene. I felt someone watching me as I worked. Looking up I saw the young man tilting his head over and looking at my book. "What's your name again... Jinyoung"

"Jiwoo," he corrected.

"Didn't they tell you to work on something?"

"No, the chief said you would tell me what to do."

"Let's go grab something to eat."

Jiwoo quickly followed me out of the station. We quickly drove to a nearby restaurant. Sitting down we waited for our order. Ding! A hoard of people walked through the door. I covered my face from being revealed. I recognized two of the people from the station Hanul and Hyeongu. I knew they would be up to no good if they saw me. They sat down at three tables across from us. Knowing this was my chance I pulled my phone out about to record their conversation.

"Detective Go... Is everything all right?" Jiwoo questioned. "Aren't they from the station?"

"SHH!" I put a stern look on my face tilting my head in their direction. I carefully angled my phone and pointed it in their direction. I hit the start button and I heard them talking about some kind of plan. The waitress soon gave us our order thanking her I turned my phone off, thinking that whatever they were going to say wasn't important to the case. I nod my head in agreement speaking with my eyes I think we need to keep an eye on them. Jiwoo continued to eat his food while listening to their conversation, anxiously I restarted my voice recording. After they were done, I excused myself to the restroom. I connected my headphones listened to their conversation and took notes, I knew whatever they were doing they knew something I didn't about the murder.

"Did you gather Dusik's corpse?"

"Yeah, I was at the crime scene earlier today. It was frozen before they preserved it. Oh, there was a black bag with his head in it but I left it there, for you know evidence for the police that Dusik is dead."

"Where's his corpse?"

"It's gone now I made sure to burn it since there were fingerprints on his body, don't worry the police will be too scared to touch his head since it would damage the preservation especially since I'm in charge of the case now,"

"Good thinking Hanul, Hyeongu you remembered to erase the CCTV footage of any sight of him,"

"Don't worry we're one step ahead of them. I erased almost all footage of him from the CCTV footage. You can hardly tell who it is from the other footage. Especially since Hanul's control of this case, it would be impossible for someone to stop us now."

I quickly walked out of the restroom. This was what I was looking for, but still, I needed more about what their motives were and how Dusik got himself into a situation like this to get himself killed along with Junho. Jiwoo followed me out the door. We sat in the car. It wasn't right to go back to the station. I needed to get more information while it was fresh. I rummaged through my notes looking for my notes about Dusik. Hometown: Pohang-si. Starting my car I looked at the directions to Pohang. There must be someone close to him there like a relative or friend who could tell me more about him and his recent behavior before his disappearance.

"Wait! Isn't the station right?" Jiwoo stated as I drove further away from the station.

"Sorry," I turned around and drove back to the station. As I got closer, I saw a familiar face. It was Dusik's younger brother, Hong Seokjin. I closed the car door behind me and approached him. "Is there something you need?" I questioned.

"Thank goodness it's you, Detective Go!" Seokjin said with a sigh of relief. "Can you open my brother's missing person case again? I know that's not what happened to him, he was murdered."

This might be enough evidence to get me back on the case. "I'll see what I can do. I'm so sorry you have to go through this," I stated. I nodded and promised to do my utmost to find the truth. Seokjin thanked me and gave me his contact information in case I needed any further information. I said goodbye and we parted ways. I ran into the director's chief's office. Ready to show him the voice recording of the restaurant. I stopped. In front of me was the mayor's son, Nam Hyeongu. He waved at me with a kind smile.

"What brings you here, Miss Go?" he said in a joyful tone.

Honestly, Hyeongu would be the last person to kill someone. But why did he delete the footage? I placed my phone back in my pocket. "N-nothing-" I stuttered. "Cheif, I need to talk to you in private. Is that okay?"

"Sure," he announced. "Why don't you come back in an hour or so?"

I nodded my head walking out of the room. My sudden motivation to solve this case slowly died down. I walked back to my desk and noticed a pile of papers and files of all sorts.

"I thought you needed some cases to take over," Hanul chuckled. He knew I was on to him. I sent my eyes back to sitting at my desk. Jiwoo looked at me confused.

"Miss Go, are you all right?" Jiwoo asked.

I took a deep breath and answered "Yes, I'm fine." I smiled and Jiwoo smiled and nodded. "Actually," I gained Jiwoo's attention. "Never mind," I shook my head.

"Whatever you say, Ms. Go,"

"I'm fine, but thank you for asking." Jiwoo nodded again, grabbed a file in front of him, and began to work. "What case is that?"

"Oh- A violent crime against Kim Nayeong," he raised an eyebrow, still having trouble being a police officer. I smiled, grabbing other files in front of me, rummaging through them, looking for violent crimes against Kim Nayeong. Once I collected all of the notes about Kim Nayeong I went to work.