⁛≻Chapter 0≺⁛

Chapter 0: The newcomer◿

Moving from the South kingdom to the East was a big deal in the land of Scorta

Moving from the South kingdom to the East was a big deal in the land of Scorta. East was where the tall and mighty palace stood and fancily enough Mei was chosen as the maid in waiting. 

Scorta was a kingdom known for its security, safety and strength. Often known as the wielder of the Three S, it came as no surprise when Mei had to wait hours of approvals just to get into the palace. It didn't end there. Body checks, a test to check for any impurities on her or maybe diseases, she couldn't tell. And they wouldn't answer her when she asked.
But Mei learnt earlier on in life that it would best for her to not pry for too long. It was normal to be left in silence and in ones own thoughts. So she took a deep breath and followed one of the guards through the halls, admiring every small detail in the beautiful palace in silence.

The man stopped in front of huge double doors, forcing herself to come to a stop as well. 

Mei: Is this... the throne room?

He nodded and the faced the guards who stood by the door. The initial guard gave them a subtle nod and they opened the giant doors which is when Mei's breath hitched. This was nothing like the royal household back in her hometown. Here everything was much more grand, which she was already expecting but seeing it with her own eyes was something else entirely.

Sir Xhang: Your highness. 

The guard who led her till here, settled on one knee on the glass floor and bowed his head in respect. Mei on the other hand, curtsied in front of the three royal figures.

Queen Liu: Oh good. I was wondering when Lady Wong would send you over. Mei was it?

Mei: Your highness.

The queen stood up from her throne and walked down the little steps, a warm smile on her face. 

Queen Liu: I'm glad that you came over as soon as possible. You shall be my maid in waiting just like you have trained.

The younger gives her a small nod and the Queen's smile widens. 

Queen Liu: Lovely. 

She then faced her children. 

Queen Liu: YangYang, could you please accompany Sir Xhang to the meeting? I will be over in a minute.

YangYang: Of course mother.

He got up from his seat and walked past the two woman, with Mei directing a bow towards him as well but he conveniently ignored her. 

Queen Liu: Excuse him. But I shall see you tonight Mei. Your quarters are at the far north of the castle with the other maids on the last floor, right next to my chamber. Get help from a guard if you can't find it.

With that the queen walked away and Mei gave her one last bow before sighing in relaxation thinking that she was alone. Though that feeling didn't last long as she saw another female in front of her, someone she forgot of.

Mei: Princess Yuyin.

She gave her a bow and the princess chuckled.

Yuyin: I'm used to being ignored. This is new. 

Mei: Sorry?

Yuyin: Come on. I'll show you to your chamber.

Mei: You don't have to-

Yuyin: I insist. You're the first one to actually notice me anyway, other than my brother, but that's a different matter. Come on. 

So Mei found herself following the princess of Scorta. They went through many twists and turns before finally taking up a spiral staircase to the top floor where Mei noticed only three doors. One grand one that she guessed was the Queen's chambers. A smaller on the side was where Yuyin was leading her and the last door was at the other end of the hallway with one guard by it.

Yuyin: Don't bother going there. Its out of bounds.

Before Mei could respond the door to the side of the Queen's chambers shuffled indicating that someone was opening it.

Yuyin: Well this is my cue to leave. Don't take my name cause i might get into trouble.

Again, before Mei could even respond the princess ran off in the other direction, her dress flowing with her quick steps.

???: I believe you are Mei?

She turned around to see an elder lady, clear skin with hints of wrinkles and white hair. But she had the same sweet smile that everyone is Scorta seemed to possess.

Mei: Yes, that's me.

???1: You can address me as Lady Lin.

From behind her another maid stepped out. She quickly looked between the two other women before facing Lady Lin.

???2: The Queen had summoned me for the meeting with the Warlord. I shall leave, Lady Lin.

Lady Lin: Oh of course. Do come in time to prepare dinner, Xiaoling.

The girl bowed and gave a subtle smile to Mei before rushing off.

Lady Lin: Where was I? Oh right. I'm the lady in waiting for the queen and I shall help you with your duties for one week before you are expected of doing everything in your own order.

Mei nodded, understandably.

Lady Lin: Don't worry. if the Queen herself chose you to work here, you must be really good at your job. Come on Mei, we can have a quick tour before dinner. This is your home now, after all.

 This is your home now, after all

So excited!!!!!!!