End

THAT WAS THE last time we ever saw our hometown. Starting a new life when you're still a youth is possibly one of the most challenging things I've ever done. I'm so thankful that Presley was by my side through everything, including the emancipation. We now live alone in a small suburban apartment complex on the outskirts of Hollywood, where I am able to get auditions and Presley is able to work full-time at a small restaurant in the heart of downtown LA. I don't think Presley's mom will ever forgive me for taking her child away from her, but at the same time, I think she understood, and there's a weight off of her shoulder now that she no longer has to support her daughter and her disowned daughter, both.
Neither of us ended up completing high-school, but Presley was able to get her GED and is paid well above minimum wage. I work odd jobs in between auditions, and hope that someday I will make enough money so that Presley never has to lift a finger.
Bravery is the one word I would use to describe my beautiful-- you guessed it!--fiance.
I'd proposed to her a week after we ran off, hitch-hiking our way to the big city. She deserved to know that I wasn't going to uproot her from her relationship, from her family, from her friends and hometown without committing my life, my soul, and my love to her.

Now we sit in our apartment. Presley is singing low under her breath, cleaning dishes, and I'm balancing our check book. Adult duties that we shouldn't be responsible for, but that are necessary. Maybe if the world learned to be a little more accepting, 17-year-old LGBT teens wouldn't feel pressured by family and schoolmates to leave, to find a place where they can blend in. I wish that our society wasn't so focused on the trivial things such as the parts in your pants, or the people you're attracted to.
Why is love a political issue?
Why is love a means of division from your home?
Presley puts the final dish down, and comes over to our small two-person kitchen table. Just as she opens her mouth to speak, her phone buzzes.
Aaron.
Even in this escape, we can't seem to get away.
She declines the call and sits on my lap. Her smooth, tan skin feels nice on my own. We both were too lazy to put on any clothes besides our sleeping shorts today.
She takes my face into both of her hands, and presses her forehead against mine.
"I wouldn't change a thing," she whispers, using her thumb to stroke my cheek. Her doe eyes look earnest, and her breath smells sweet and flowery.
"I know that you're confused and unhappy about how we ended up here," she gives my cheek a peck, "but I wouldn't give you up for anything, okay? This is exactly where we're supposed to be for now. It's not perfect, but it's not forever. I love you so much," She kisses me again, longer, fuller, gently biting my tongue as it comes out to greet hers. I stand up, hoisting her up on my hips and carry her over to our unmade bed, kissing her all the way there.
This is only the beginning of our life together. We can only go up from here, but just this, sex in our shitty apartment in the middle of California-- that's enough for now.
I reach over and turn off the light as I feel Presley's hands on my stomach.

"I love you too," I whisper.

Thanks for sticking with me, readers! That's all for now.