Plus or Minus

"SAM, I'M SO fucking sorry," are the first words that tumble out of Jared's mouth. He slides on a t-shirt and puts as much distance between us as possibly in the cramped backseat of his car.
"Why the fuck did you let this happen?" I ask, my voice verging on deadly low. I feel hot tears prick the back of my eyes, everything seems to throb and my vision seems dark.
"Sam, I was no more sober than you. This was just a mistake," Jared tries to squeeze my hand but I pull it away and stare into his eyes, my tears pulling black mascara down my face.
"You're trying to ruin everything, aren't you?" I whisper. First he turns me into an alcoholic, and now he fucks me? My heartbeat accelerates. How far did we go? Do I need to buy a pregnancy test?
"No, Sam, I'm not fucking trying to ruin anything. If you don't remember, I was trying to fix things!" He nearly spits out, trying to climb into the drivers seat in his boxer shorts.
"By fucking a lesbian?!" I shriek. I cover my face with my hands and fall over onto the comfortable seat.
"You can't blame this all on me, Sam," he says quietly, tossing me my underwear and backing out of the parking lot. He's right, but yet still in my stomach everything feels all wrong. Jared fucked up. I fucked up.
"Can you drive me to Walgreens, please?" I whisper. He looks at me, his eyes full of concern. He says nothing, but obliges. As I climb out of the car, he grabs my wrist from the front seat.
"I'm sorry,"
"I know,"