𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟶𝟶𝟷𝟸: 𝙷𝚎 𝚂𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝙼𝚎

Once he said that sentence, the entire atmosphere became stiff.

Jennie then recovered her senses as quickly as the blink of an eye. She asked weirdly,

"Father, what are you talking about?" Her confused expression did not allow others to suspect her.

However... JaeHee was very conflicted, and he kept replaying his memories of the past two days.

Everything seemed to be very different ever
since Jennie went missing when she was picking herbs the day before and came back very late.

The previously cowardly Jen-Jen was missing and was replaced by a calm and composed young lady.

When she stood up against First Elder and Krystal, he thought she was wronged and could not hold it back in, but the incidents that happened later were way overboard.

"In the past, Jen-Jen always thought of Krystal as her good sister and trusted her very much. Why would she go against her today? Besides, Jen-Jen is very timid and doesn't even dare to talk loudly.

It's impossible that she will cut off some one's arm.. Also, about the herbs from Zhen Bao Pavilion... l've never given you silver taels. How did you buy them?"

The more JaeHee spoke, the guiltier he felt; his voice was even trembling.

Initially, he felt that something was not quite right, but everything was questionable upon deeper thought.

Jennie quietly waited for him to finish talking, before asking softly,

"Is there anything else? Other than all of these, do you have any other queries?" JaeHee shook his head. Weren't these suspicions enough?

"I know that I look like l've changed into someone else in the past two days, but it's all with good reason. I don't care about other people, but l'Il explain it to you clearly since you're suspicious." Jennie held his hands warmly and determinedly.

"Come in l'll explain it to you in detail." JaeHee subconsciously followed her in.

After JaeHee sat down, Jennie closed the door and went to check on the boiling herbs before adding two new ingredients in.

Watching her every move, JaeHee was more certain of his suspicions. The past Jen-Jen did not know any of this.

It probably has to be...

"I think you've roughly guessed that I did meet with some trouble the day i came back late. Krystal had secretly sent an assassin to kill me."

The moment Jennie opened her mouth, it shocked JaeHee so much that he stood up from his seat.

"What?!" He had guessed a tiny bit about what happened, but he did not expect Krystal to be so cold-blooded to hire an assassin directly.

Jennie looked at him and nodded seriously.

She then explained the incidents that happened after that to him in detail. 0f course, she cleverly hid the fact that the original Jennie Kim had already died and she was a replacement.

She had the original Jennie Kim's memories; by mixing in her lies with the truth, there would be no loopholes.

To JaeHee, he realized that Krystal had tried to kill Jen-Jen because of her selfish intentions.

So from then on, I saw her true intentions and finally understood that repeated tolerance can never be exchanged for peaceful days. Only when I become stronger will others not bully me.