Chapter six: the mall

Listen to this while you read👇

Jades pov
In no time I turned the van into the mall parking lot.  I gave Matt his keys as everyone got out the van. We walked inside,the mall was crowded with people and you could hear the mixed sounds of conversation. We began our walk to the food court. We sat waiting for our orders when Olivia approached Chris out of nowhere.

Olivia: hey chris can we talk.

Jade:he doesn't want to talk to you why can't you get that through your fat head.

Olivia: you don't need to speak for him it's none of your business.

Olivia glared at Jade

Jade: I'd back off if I were you. Remember what happened last time you overstepped the line. Oh yeah that's right I beat you tf up. So how about you do yourself a favor and walk away cause no one wants you here.

Chris ignored olivia and smiled at Jade. Jade understood that he didn't want to talk to her.

Olivia glares at Jade, Jade returns the favor with a fake smile and flipping her off.
The group returns to what they were doing  unfazed. The group finishes eating before going there separate ways to shop.

Listen to this👇

At around 6 o clock they All met up In the food court.they all walked out of the mall going dim as they walked out.
The night air was cold and breezy. Jade felt her body engulf in goosebumps as she started to shiver from the cold. Her teeth began to chatter as she felt a cloth sensation on her shoulders. She turned around and saw Chris with his hoodie off. She gently took the hoodie off her shoulders before slipping it on. It was a little bit big but nonetheless comfy. It's smelt like sage and amber. She thanked Chris.

Jade: Thankyou Chris

Chris: it's no problem, besides I'm not cold.
He looked and Jade before a slight smile stretched across his lips looking at her in his hoodie.

They all get in the van as Jade starts the car and pulls out of the mall parking lot. Jade connects to the aux cord and plays daylight by David kushner. Jade starts to belt out lyrics from the song as if there was a hidden meaning behind it.

Jade: oh I love it and I hate it at the same time . You and I drink the poison from the same vine.

She begins to lightly tear up with how much she relates to the song.

Rory: who hurt her. She wispers

Matt: I have no idea. He also wispers.

Jade begins singing again

Jade: please don't leave me behind. Oh I love it and I hate it at the same time.

Jade begins to get to emotional to the song and a single tear runs down her cheek. She tries to wipe it away before anyone sees but Chris sees it from the corner of his eye.
Jade couldn't help but get emotions to the song she relates to it to much. The song reminds her of the situation she's going through right now. she loves someone that she feels forbidden to be with. She lives him So much that she loves it and hates it at the same time. She loves him but hates that it puts their friendship on the line with the outcome.
She wishes she could get past the hurdle and tell him already but she's too afraid to loose their friendship and ruin everything.

Eventually Jade arrives at her house parking the minivan and giving Matt his keys back.

Everyone else gets in the van and leaves while Jade goes inside. She goes inside locking the front door behind her and flopping on the couch. Midnight hops up and cuddles into her side.