1

Mingyu and Wonwoo were a typical couple, flowing through their relationship effortlessly. Both came from modest backgrounds, with Mingyu excelling in his profession, allowing him to earn a bit more money and provide whatever Wonwoo desired. Wonwoo, in turn, made requests, and Mingyu always fulfilled them because he admired him. Additionally, Mingyu could afford to buy a car, a rarity in South Korea due to the high taxes. He managed to acquire it through years of savings.

One day, Mingyu brought up the topic of marriage, considering it a natural progression in their long-standing special relationship. Wonwoo didn't need to ask why; they had been in a unique relationship for a long time. However, Mingyu added that he felt his life was incomplete without having all of Wonwoo. Somehow, Wonwoo found it to be the most disgusting sentence he had ever heard from his beloved. Or maybe, Wonwoo wasn't entirely sure that Mingyu was truly his beloved. Perhaps, it was because they had been together for too long, and Wonwoo felt bored. Who knows?

On another day, they went on a vacation to the beach at Wonwoo's invitation. It was Incheon beach, always quiet and rarely visited—a small beach unsuitable for tourists but held sentimental value for Mingyu and Wonwoo, who enjoyed spending time together and engaging in their usual intimate rituals.

And, as people usually do on the beach in general, they laid out a wide cloth to serve as a seat. Mingyu lay down, using Wonwoo's thighs as a cushion. Both were silent, sharpening their senses at almost every point on their bodies. The sense of touch enjoyed the warm air through the gentle breeze that tousled their hair. The sense of hearing relished the slow murmur of the waves. The sense of smell savored the distinctive scent of the sea and the beach. And the sense of sight enjoyed the golden orange circle beginning to disappear on the endless west horizon. Meanwhile, his taste buds commented on how beautiful their current moment was.

Suddenly, Wonwoo offered a flavored drink. "I haven't seen you drink for a few hours. Aren't you thirsty?"

"I don't remember. You truly distract my world so much that I forget everything." Mingyu became cheesy, as usual, and Wonwoo's reaction afterward would surely involve some eye-rolling.

"Drink." Wonwoo didn't want Mingyu to suffer from dehydration or, worse, kidney problems. Mingyu would blame him for the situation and ask for compensation for medical expenses, surgery, treatment, and more. While, all this time, he had been dependent on Mingyu.

But forget all those negative thoughts. It wouldn't happen because Mingyu was obedient. He rose a bit to quickly finish his drink and then laid back on his lover's thighs.

The gaze Mingyu initially directed at the sunset shifted to Wonwoo's face. A flat face that, somehow, he considered an immeasurable beauty. It might sound sentimental, but he genuinely thought so. And unintentionally, he flashed a smile. Wonwoo, feeling observed, tilted his head down, looking back at Mingyu. He reciprocated the smile with a gentle one and caressed Mingyu's head, conveying affection. In that touch, he expressed love and tenderness.

But after a few seconds, Mingyu could see Wonwoo's smile change into a different type. It was a smirk. Mingyu didn't know what it meant, but he didn't care. Being with Wonwoo was a happiness he wouldn't miss.

"It's going to be a beautiful evening, Mingyu."

His conversation partner just nodded slowly in agreement.

And for some reason, the whole atmosphere felt pampering to Mingyu. It induced drowsiness, and he wanted to sleep. He closed his eyes.

And minutes later, his eyes did not reopen.