Chapter 10: Finding Secrets or Lack of

The next day, the boys do their mysterious disappearing act, and Ana and I are left to our devices, but today was different. Ana and I are talking again, I smile at the thought and roll out of bed and walk to my bathroom, my bedroom must have picked up on my feelings, and made a invitingly warm bath, the reason I knew it's warm, is the steam that lazily rolled off the surface of the water. I lift my nightgown over my head and discard it at my feet, stepping down the staired side of the bath, I let out a sigh of relief when the warm water laps at my ankles, nothing like a warm bath to ease the mind. 

After the bath I wrap a towel around myself and walk to the closet. I found out my first week here that one of the two doors in the bathroom was a secondary entrance to my closet. I eye a silky dark red dress that's floor length, and put it on, since day one I haven't wore a pair of shoes, the carpet is just too soft to walk on it with shoes. I look at the mess of curls running down to the middle of my back and decide that a high ponytail is the way to go today. After I'm done wrestling my hair into submission and very high, I open my door and am graced with the presence of Persyus, The dog looks up at me with happy blue eyes as I pat his head and ask him, "Let's go see if Ana is ready shall we?" Persyus responds with a happy yip and a excited start to the end of the hallway. "Hey now, don't forget about me." I laugh out and follow Persyus, we get to her door and he paws at it as if trying to knock, I laugh and knock for him. The door opens and I am met with Ana's smiling face, she looks down at Persyus scratching behind his ears. 

"So what's your plans for us today?" Ana asks me curiously, I give her my knowing look. "Oh no, that look only comes out when you are thinking of something mischievous." I smile even harder showing her  that she's completely right. "We are going to find some secrets, let's see what today is going to entail, shall we?" I stretch out my arm for her to take, she looks at it uneasy at first but soon after smirks and takes my arm, we start to skip down the hallway with Persyus behind us. We get down to an unfamiliar corner, look at each other and start walking down the hallway, each side of us are doors. I go up to the first  door going to make a grab for the doorknob. "What if it's someone bedroom?" Ana whispers from behind me, I remove my hand from the doorknob and lightly tap on the door with my knuckles, after a few minutes there isn't an answer so my hand of course goes back to the knob, this time twisting it and opening the door. 

The door opens to reveal a beautiful study, the walls were a dark colored oak, almost black, the majority of the middle of the room was a huge desk with the same colored oak, the desk is a beauty. To the left is and grand fireplace, which of course was lit and warmed the space very well. I walk into the study and get hit with the scent of James, this was his study, meaning this was part of where he is going to this whole time, but if this is his study then where was he? Before my scent can linger anymore than I think it already has. "This is James study, smells exactly like him." Ana looks at me with a knowing smile on her face, "Let's see what door number two has to offer?" I questioning look at Ana, who is nodding in approval, a big smile playing on her lips now. 

Ana walks up to the door next to James's study, lightly knocking on it pausing before hearing nothing. Her hand snakes back down the doorknob and opens the door, behind it is a small library, the walls covered in bookshelves with loads and loads of books on them. The only one without shelves sat a big day bed built into the window sill of a tall glass window over looking the Underworld. After a while the Underworld starts to look increasingly more beautiful. "They have every book here, even ones that we would've never heard of." Ana says breezing through the shelves with an excited look playing on her face. "Come on nerd, I'm curious to see what the other rooms have to offer before the boys magically reappear." I quietly yell to her while retreating out of the door, I hear footsteps and soft padding of feet following close behind. 

The third door looks and feels different, there's intricate golden patterns snaking its way up the door fanning out giving the off the impression of lightening striking wood. It is the most beautiful design I've laid my eyes on, I tear my gaze from the door and look at Ana feeling as if whatever is behind this door might be of interest to us. That's when I hear a low thrum coming from behind the door, as if saying 'hey I'm here and magical.' a smile rushes to my face as I clasp my fingers around the door knob, I get a good grip on the door and twist, with all my might. Nothing, the knob stays perfectly still. "It's locked." I turn to look at Ana with a sour look just as Persyus starts nudging my hand away from the door and whining. 

After a while we decide that we are too hungry to continue with our adventure and find our way to the kitchen, as we walk in we are graced by a male around the boys' age looking at his hand like he's more concerned with his cuticles, than who came in. "Um, hi?" Ana questioningly says looking between me and the strange man that's sitting at the counter, still not gracing us with eye contact. "So you two must be their special guests." He starts, brushing invisible dust off of the crimson red suit coat he has on, I see that there are gold designs on his cuffs and look up at the rest of the dude, there is something about him, something cold and sinister. "Tell me have the boyish Gods told you about some of the people they've wrong?" This guy sounds like he needs a hug and can I just say, villain arc?